Help with basic setup of a z-wave wall switch

Hi, I have googled for a loooong time and I just can’t find a basic guide or description on how to set up my newly purchased Z-Wave 8-button 4 channel Wall Switch. I’ve added it to my homey and it shows up as a device. What I want is to control my lights with this switch. The switch looks like this: https://www.elektroimportoren.no/namron-z-wave-4-kanaler-bryter-k8/4512714/Product.html?Event=livesearch

I want to control my lights via Homey and not directly, but when I add the switch to a flow it only gives me options related to battery status. It doesn’t say eg. “when button 1 is pushed”. What am I missing here?

So you’re saying that it might have gotten added as a generic device even though I found an app and added it? In short, should I see actions like “when button is pushed” or must these kind of switches be set up in another way?

Most off these devices control the different buttons with the option off “ set a scene“. In those cases you mostly get the option which button you want to control

Product details
https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/3639

Manual

Hi,

I just configured a similar switch, the Namron Z-wave 2 channel switch (1 channel in URL).

The switch does not support the onoff capability you expected, but you can use the scene association to achieve the same outcome.

This is what I did to control my Philips Hue bulbs:

1. Add the switch using the Namron app in Homey.
  2. Add a flow:

When
Wall controller - 4 button - 2 channel (Z-wave)
A scene has been activated
Group 2 - On (I) Pressed 1x

Then
Phlips Hue GU10
Turn on

Duplicate the same flow and modify it to create a flow to turn off the light. I also used the scene capability to assign relative dim levels to the 2 lower buttons on the switch.

I did have some initial trouble making this work due to the distance between the switch and the Homey (They were 2 floors apart). Hopefully, installing some Heatit dimmers will extend the z-wave mesh.

Did you ever figure out why you only get battery info? I have the same problem.

Hi, does enyboddy get the same problen now after upprgade to 5.0 now wen i install a namron swich with the Namron App i get only battery information whin i try to set up a flow. do you hawe a solution?

I had the same problem, added and removed the K8 switch Namron 45127222 several times through the Namron app without getting any flows other than the battery ones. I then realised looking at the app page that the switch was not listed under the Namron app, I found it listed under the app Easy Lighting. I deleted this app and added the switch as before and now it ended up where it should under Namron and all the flow commands available, all good👍