Help with a Zigbee problem

After a failed start, we ended up on the right track.
I currently have 30 Zigbee routers installed on my Homey Pro 2023. All work fine. I am currently adding the Zigbee end divisions. Some go smoothly, others more slowly.
Of the currently 20 installed Zigbee end devices, I see on the developers page that there are a number that have not received a network address. When in Ping I get the following messages : “Wake up device when pinging, it cannot receive commands when sleeping” also usually the message “Device offline” appears
Are any of you running into the same problem or does anyone here have an idea how to solve this. Just to mention, these devices worked fine on the Homey Pro 2019. What am I doing wrong or where is the problem?

So did you?

When I click on Ping I get this message. So I wonder how to wake up the device. Looks like the sleeping beauty.

Depends on the device, for Aqara devices you short-press its pairing button (and keep pushing it every second or so to keep it awake during the process).

Are you on RC133? If not, upgrade

Also if you have more then 60 ZigBee devices, please share your experience when running Homey eg. 1-2 days without reboot…

Best.
No, it is still rc.122. The version you talk about is still in experimental state but should be launched as official stable this week. So I’ll wait a while.

experimental is kind of pre-release candidate - very often the same which will go live, without any changes. But if you are not in hurry, then wait indeed.

Yesterday the version rc-133 was made official for download. So I installed it immediately and indeed the Zigbee problems were gone. It’s going in the right direction. Currently I have 67 Zigbee devices connected that all work. Sometimes there is one that refuses service for a while, but so far it has all resolved itself. Now I clearly notice the difference between the HP2019 and the HP2023. Where before I had to call in the help of extra bridges; now everything runs on one device. Nice .

Great it works fine for you. I’m curious on your experience if you will get any dropouts of whole Zigbee, eg. having HP23 running for more hours, if so, please share in this thread - HP23 - ZigBee issues / Zigbee dying after several hours - anyone? - #3 by Glenn_Seegers

HP2023 has been running continuously for three days now. In addition to other devices, there are currently about 75 Zigbee devices directly linked to Homey (Ikea, Aqara, Tyua Zigbee). 39 devices are regarded as routers, the others are end devices. Sometimes a device dares to fail to function, but that is temporary and so far I have only had to restore a Zigbee end device twice. Zigbee works quickly compared to the HP2019. However, there are still some things that could be improved. Especially when adding Aqara end devices. Motion sensors connect quickly, window and door sensors are a bit more difficult, it takes at least half a minute before they are installed. The biggest problem so far is the wireless wall switches. Sometimes you have to try up to three times before it is recognized and it can take more than two minutes for the switch to install itself. The routers are not a problem, that happens very quickly. Another small drawback is the following. When you connect two end divisions one after the other, installing a third one is not possible. It will take at least 20 to 30 minutes before you can continue. I think this has something to do with the Zigbee Network reorganizing. But yes, it is exceptional that you have to connect so many devices at once, so that is not the problem. All flows run without problems or hiccups. So you can say that HP2023 is more or less stable and improvements will come over time.

3 Likes