Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

What is the difference between the following?

• "Heimdall Surveillance mode is not activated " (“Övervakningsläge är inte Aktiverad”)
  • “Surveillance mode is not activated” (“Statusen är inte Larmat”)

Hi Pär,

The first one Övervakningsläge är inte Aktiverad is programmed by me into the app and is reading the Surveillance Mode on the app level. It translates to Surveillance Mode is not Armed, as it has this condition has these options Surveillance Mode is (not) Armed | Disarmed | Partially armed

The second one Statusen är inte Larma is not programmed into the app and I must say I’ve never seen it before. Also, I am not able to find that card when I make a new flow. I think Athom at one time added this card automatically based on the capabilities of the device, but is seems wrong as activated is not a valid state of the Surveillance Mode switch (but that might be a translation issue). Could you try deleting the Surveillance Mode switch and adding it again and see if the card is still available for you?

If you are using the Surveillance Mode device in many flow and do not want to delete it, I advise you to use the condition card from the app (with the Heimdall logo) and not the one from the Surveillance Mode switch.

Hi Jay,

Can you please tell me what and how you change the Surveillance Mode, what you expect to happen and what really happens?
Unfortunately I can’t make much of I’m unable to activate or deactivate the Surveillance Mode. The Surveillance Mode is not something that is active or inactive, it is a choice between 3 different modes.

Thanks.

Hello, I am actually experiencing a difficulty when I try to change the monitoring mode on my Apple devices, for example from off mode to partial mode. Unfortunately nothing happens when I try to do this. This problem affects all iPhones in the house as well as the iPad. Unfortunately, I don’t have an Android device to check if this problem also occurs on this platform.

for example in this photo the active mode is selected but we see that the mode remains disarmed (we can also see it with the font which is in bold)

Can you please try this in the web app? Also, make sure to check if you’ve set a delay on any of the armed mode and take that into account.

Which one should I use?

Did you remove and added the Surveillance Mode Switch? I really advise you to do so, cause not all flowcards shown in that screenshot are created by the Heimdall app and consequently I can’t predict what else is not ok on your Homey.

Here’s how it looks on my Homey’s (Both Homey (Pro) and Homey Pro Early 2023)

By judging the number of choices you have in the flow cards, I would say the first one is created by Homey itself based on capabilities (And thus bogus) and the second one is created by me and is the one to use. Also, The text Ställ in status or those separate words are not found in Heimdall’s code, the text Ange övervakningsläge … is and translates to Set Surveillance Mode …

Hi
Is it possible to make the surveillance mode icon change color based on the surveillance mode status? for example green if it is deactivated and red if it is activated, so you can immediately understand the state the surveillance system is in, without having to tap on it. Thank you

1 Like

Hello @Paolo_Zoso,

Welcome here, the color and appearance of the Surveillance Mode switch or for any device in the Homey app, for that matter, can not be changed by an app so there’s nothing I can do to change it. Please send a feature request to Athom for this.

1 Like

OK Thank You!
Do you think it is possible to create a virtual device (color light) under the favorites next to surveillance mode and with a flow change the color of the virtual lamp? The color of the lamps is displayed I think.
Anyway you did a great job with Heimdall.

Possibly, I never tried that, please try and share your results here so others can benefit from it!

Here are the steps to create a virtual light bulb on Homey Pro:

Install the Virtual Devices app:
    Open the Homey app on your smartphone.
    Go to "More" (the icon with three dots at the bottom right).
    Select "Apps".
    Tap the "+" sign to add a new app.
    Search for "Virtual Devices" and install it.

Create a new virtual device:
    After installing the Virtual Devices app, return to the main screen of the Homey app.
    Tap the "+" sign to add a new device.
    Select "Virtual Devices" from the list of installed apps.
    Choose "Light Bulb" or "Light" as the type of virtual device you want to create.
    Follow the instructions to name your virtual light bulb and select an icon.

I selected color hue light.

Configure the virtual light bulb:
    Once created, the virtual light bulb will appear in your list of devices.
    You can configure the properties of the virtual light bulb, such as light color, brightness, and more, depending on the supported features.

Control the virtual light bulb:
    You can now control your virtual light bulb like any other device 
    You can also include it in scenarios and flows to automate its operation based on certain conditions or events like Heimdall alarm status.

Integrate with other devices and flows:
    Use Homey flows to integrate the virtual light bulb with other devices or automations. For example, you can create a flow that turns on the virtual light bulb when a motion sensor detects presence.
2 Likes

New version published

Version 2.10.14

• Added RDIF tag to user settings

You can now add an RFID tag to your users in Heimdall, stay tuned for more information!

4 Likes

New version published

Version 2.10.15

• Added RDIF tag to user settings
  • Improved error handling

This update enables you to use the RFID function of the Friend keypad, make sure you’ve installed the latest version of the Frient app (v2.4.0) to use this functionality.

Make sure you have your users configured in Heimdall prior to adding a RFID tag to a user.

Assigning RFID tags to a user

To assign an RFID tag for a specific user, you don’t have to manually type in the number.

Instead, you can follow this guide:

1. From your Homey devices overview, select Intelligent Keypad, click on the gear icon in the top right corner, and select “Maintenance”:

2. In here, simply click on “Add RFID tag” button:

3. Apply the desired RFID tag onto the surface in the middle of your device, and when you hear a beep click on the “Arm all” button, as shown below:

4. Now head back to your Heimdall app settings, go to “Users”, select the user you wish the RFID tag to be assigned to, and you should see the following pop-up window – click “Ok”:

5. The RFID tag has been successfully assigned to the selected user:

3 Likes

New version published

Version 2.10.16

• Improved error handling

More improvements to the error handling in case Homey returns timeouts on operations.

1 Like

Hi Danee

The iPad app reacts differently to the iPhone app. Whereby, from my point of view, it is wrong on the iPad.

Here are my details:

• Heimdall Version 2.10.15
    Homey Smartphone App
  • Version 8.2.0.1481
  • iOS v17.5.1
    => now also updated to this version, had somehow overslept it: Version 8.2.1.1487 (TestFlight version)
    Even with this version there is no Problem💁🏻‍♂️ on the iPhone

Homey iPad App

• Version 8.2.0.1481
  • iPadOS 17.5.1

As I said, no problem with the iPhone app, can stay longer on the tile and then the 3 options are displayed, or the current status and then I can change if I want.

With the iPad app, the mode always switches immediately!

With the following videos you can see what I mean. In the 1st video I do it on the iPhone, if I press and hold on the tile there, the selection of 3 options appears and I can switch back and forth and the state always changes whether sharp, blurred, partially sharp. I can also set to sharp and then back to unsharp, everything is executed.

With the iPad this does not work when I press on the tile, no matter how long, it immediately changes the status of the EMA, which was not the case before.

There shouldn’t be any difference, should there?

The 3rd video shows how it works on the web, it behaves the same as on the iPhone. I can switch between the options and the status changes accordingly.
I realize that the web can’t work the same way as on the iPhone or iPad (long keystroke not possible on the web). But it should work identically on the iPhone and iPad, just like on the iPhone. So that I can see the status, and if I want to change it, that I can choose.
Ps: If the sound is switched on in the video, you can hear how it always switches…

Is this a bug in the iPad App of Athom or heimdall?

Thank you for your efforts and feedback. If you need any more information, please let us know.

Hi @Asterix,

The way devices in the Homey app (or web) operate is beyond the control of an app, the app just uses a capability that is provided by the Homey SDK and the mobile apps control how these capabilities are displayed and used.
I do know Athom has been working on the particular device type the Surveillance Mode uses, it was broken a couple of iPhone versions before and it looks like they now broke the iPad version.

Please report this at Athom.

Thanks for your explanation, I’ll report it to Athom.
I wish you a nice day.