Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

New test version published.

Version 2.3.12

• Updated Homey API to 1.10.5
  • Code cleanup
  • Better workaround for homey-api bug

This test version brings the newest homey-api to Heimdall and all (remarked) references to SDK2 are completely removed. It also contains a better workaround for a bug in homey-api.

Here’s a little background about the last one: SDK3 apps require using the homey-api opposed to the athom-api which was used when Heimdall was still an SDK2 app.
There are quite some difference and improvements between athom-api and homey-api but unfortunately it turned out that not all functionality in athom-api is available in the homey-api.

To make sure Heimdall would not loose functionality I had to implement a workaround that isn’t ideal in terms of memory- and CPU usage. I’ve reported this to Athom and it is acknowledged the functionality is indeed missing in homey-api and it’s being looked into. Luckily I got some tips from @robertklep and @Jero on how to make the needed workaround less costly, so a big thanks to them!

(Versions 2.3.9, 2.3.10 and 2.3.11 were small incremental steps leading to this 2.3.12 and were unannounced)

5 Likes