Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

@DaneedeKruyff I have a problem with Heimdall. The app is sometimes crashing all by itself. What can be the reason to this?

Hi @Simon_Ojelid,

That’s pretty hard tot tell without additional information. Could you please stop and start Heimdall and send me a diagnostics report a couple of minutes later?
Next, use Heimdall as You normally would and if it crashes again, send me another diagnostics report.

9a34ba5c-ef72-4ab6-9116-e358b9181ae9

Thanks, the apps startup phase looks good, no problematic devices, everything is initialized in 2 seconds and Heimdall is ready for action.

Okay. Last time the app crashed was last week and it seemed like it was shut down for using to much cpu or something

Judging from that graph CPU usage is no problem at all, it’s in the 0.0020% region, so that’s next to nothing.
I must say I haven’t looked at memory usage lately but that also doesn’t look to problematic. One question though, are you running anything on a recurring schedule, like flows every x minutes/hours?

Not every minute, but I do have some shelly plugs that I monitor with logic to see the min/max effect. Only 2 of them though

@DaneedeKruyff Hi, can the devices be rearranged in the device overview? maybe by letters? Thanks

Hi @bjoern,

No, that’s not possible now nor planned for the future. It will be a fair bit of work and users will start asking for other sorting option as well for an overview which most would hardly use after initially setting the wanted Surveillance Modes on their devices.

Hi @DaneedeKruyff ,

Thanks fĂźr the answer. Very unhappy. I had to set up some devices again and now everything is mixed up in the overview. :frowning:

But you only look at the view when configuring?! Am i missing something? How can that be a huge problem?

Of course not. :slight_smile: It’s also not a big problem, just makes the configuration easier if you have all the window sensors, all the door sensors, etc. under each other instead of mixed up. If it doesn’t work, then unfortunately it doesn’t work.

@DaneedeKruyff For how long is the log in Heimdall being stored? I personally do not need logging for more than 2 weeks back. Or is there any way to clear tthe log manually?

Hi Simon,

The log will never exceed 2000 lines. When the 2000 lines limit is reached the oldest 400 lines will be deleted so the amount of lines will always between 1600-2000. The actual age of the oldest line will depend on how many log lines are written.

You can clear the log manually by using the flowcard Clear Heimdall history

This will however clear the entire log, there is no manual option to delete the log partially.

1 Like

New test version published.

Version 2.3.12

• Updated Homey API to 1.10.5
  • Code cleanup
  • Better workaround for homey-api bug

This test version brings the newest homey-api to Heimdall and all (remarked) references to SDK2 are completely removed. It also contains a better workaround for a bug in homey-api.

Here’s a little background about the last one: SDK3 apps require using the homey-api opposed to the athom-api which was used when Heimdall was still an SDK2 app.
There are quite some difference and improvements between athom-api and homey-api but unfortunately it turned out that not all functionality in athom-api is available in the homey-api.

To make sure Heimdall would not loose functionality I had to implement a workaround that isn’t ideal in terms of memory- and CPU usage. I’ve reported this to Athom and it is acknowledged the functionality is indeed missing in homey-api and it’s being looked into. Luckily I got some tips from @robertklep and @Jero on how to make the needed workaround less costly, so a big thanks to them!

(Versions 2.3.9, 2.3.10 and 2.3.11 were small incremental steps leading to this 2.3.12 and were unannounced)

5 Likes

You can give this flow+script a go:

@DaneedeKruyff Is it possible to add an option in heimdall for homey to only speak when arming to fully armed and not when arming to partiallt armed?

Set volume to zero when arming, arm, set volume to normal with a flow.

1 Like

I think this is a very viable solution.

(Btw @Simon_Ojelid there is no need to tag me in a message in this topic, I get automatically informed when someone makes a new post.)

Heimdall seems to keep stalling. Today it also refused to restart. I created a diagnostic report as per below code.

74d7f0b4-e5ea-4db1-b23e-19b946fb9e39