Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

Hi @PerGrue,

Can you please stop and start Heimdall, next reproduce the problem and send a diagnostics report?

Also, please post a screenshot of the flow you use.

New version published.

Version 2.3.5

• SDK3 support and conversion from athom-api to homey-api

In preparation for the new Homey Pro 2023 the Heimdall app is upgraded to support SDK3 an is now using the homey-api which replaces the athom-api

There are no functional changes in this update.

1 Like

0b4e8def-f895-45e3-81dc-0f4d4706e9b8

Thanks for reporting @PerGrue it was indeed a bug.

Don’t know how it slipped in, initially I tested all flowcards in batches per functionality before putting out the first test version, somehow the changes to the flowcards to add/remove Modes, Delays or logging from devices got lost.

New version 2.3.6 is submitted and published, the app will be automatically be updated.

1 Like

New version published.

Version 2.3.6

• Fixed a bug in the flowcards to add or remove a Surveillance Mode, Delay or logging to/from a device

Thanks to @PerGrue for reporting this.

Thanks a lot.

New version published.

Version 2.3.7

• Minor change in error handling

Some errors occurred and were (automatically) reported, improved the error handling so it is clearer to me what is happening. No changes for the users.

4 Likes

Hi @DaneedeKruyff
You have in Heimdall created a very nice database where you save the last date time of reaction of a sensor. Is it possible to make this information available in a flow. What I want to create is a weekly check of my sensors if they give response.
When this information is available I can create a flow if ‘laatste bericht’ < current date -7 and then I can create todo’s to check my sensors.
Hope this is possible.
With kind regards, Rob

Hello @DaneedeKruyff and thank you for your work. Heimdall was working flawless on my Homey 2019 till your latest updates (2.3.5 to 2.3.7).

My Homey is on version 8.1.0 (latest) so it is Heimdall (2.3.7).
Heimdall does not update anymore the state of the sensors … as I insert the Alarm I receive notification that some windows are open … but they are not.

Hi Ron,

Heimdall does not create a database with last communication dates from devices, that information is available on any device and is just read by Heimdall.

Heimdall provides the flowcard Check Last Communication that triggers a function that will look at the last communication date of all devices that are included in a Surveillance Mode. When a sensor is found that hasn’t communicated within the last 24 hours the No information received flowcard is triggered. This is sufficient for the purpose of it and it is beyond the scope of Heimdall to extend that functionality.

The information you’re looking for can be read with Homey Script, I think when you look around on the forum or make a topic asking how to do this someone will help you out.

1 Like

Hi Andrea,

That’s unfortunate. Can you please try restarting Homey, next wait until all apps are loaded and after that send a Diagnostic Report (I need the log of the starting fase of Heimdall)

Next try triggering some devices that are part of a Surveillance Mode and next change the Surveillance Mode to (Partially) Armed. After that, please send me another Diagnostic Report.

After sending the reports, please post the report numbers and additional information such as the names of the devices that give problems here.

Hi DaneedeKruyff, thank you for your replay.

Here the Report just after reboot
e53b5ca1-d87e-4719-90c8-502d265071b1

And here the Report after some sensor triggered and Alarm insert
eaccef61-ae3c-41c8-be30-9220e0cef839

I closed Pranzo but wrongly reported open.
I opened Soggiorno but wrongly reported closed in Heimdall.

Thanks again
Andrea

This is what I see in the log (I’ve removed irrelevant information):

[log] 2022-12-14 20:49:04 [ManagerDrivers] [Driver:surveillanceModeSwitch] [Device:46abd68d-bb08-4d81-a734-9db8b87edc53] Surveillance Mode Flow Card activated: partially_armed
[log] 2022-12-14 20:49:04 [Heimdall] setSurveillanceMode:        partially_armed
[log] 2022-12-14 20:49:04 [Heimdall] setSurveillanceValue:       partially_armed
[log] 2022-12-14 20:49:05 [Heimdall] checkDeviceState:           Soggiorno - contact: Chiuso
[log] 2022-12-14 20:49:05 [Heimdall] checkDeviceState:           Pranzo - contact: Aperto

So, at the time of changing the Surveillance Mode to Partially Armed then contact sensor Soggiorno reported Closed and the contact sensor Pranzo reported Open, which is also visible in the settings pages of Heimdall.

• Could it be you have inverted the contact capability on these devices?
  • What devices are these? (brand/type)
  • Are your other contact sensors of the same brand/type?

I assume any of these devices is added to a Surveillance Mode, can you try what happens when you actually trip one off these sensors while in the Surveillance Mode the sensor is added to?
(At arming the sensor value is read from the device, when a sensor is tripped homey sends out an event for that sensor and I want to know if that part is working)

Ok,

*** Could it be you have inverted the contact capability on these devices?**

NO it is not the. case.

*** What devices are these? (brand/type)**

Aqara Door Sensors

*** Are your other contact sensors of the same brand/type?**

Yes lots in all windows of my house, no one is updating in Heimdall, I have also two fibaro eyes also not reporting the state in Heimdall so do two Pir sensors from Aqara. Since yesterday evening no reporting changes in setting page of Heimdall.

I assume any of these devices is added to a Surveillance Mode, can you try what happens when you actually trip one off these sensors while in the Surveillance Mode the sensor is added to?
(At arming the sensor value is read from the device, when a sensor is tripped homey sends out an event for that sensor and I want to know if that part is working)

When I trip any sensor (door or pir) while in Surveillance mode, the Alarm is correctly inserted despite the setting page of Heimdall does not show any update on the state of the sensors.
In short, everything works correctly but the state of the sensors in Heimdall setting page … the problem is that when I set the Surveillance mode ON, I receive wrong message on the state of the sensors that for Heimdall are tripped (doors looks open but they are not).

This is the problem. Thank you DaneedeKruyff for looking in it.
Andrea

Ok, thanks.
So in short, it seems Heimdall is not reading information from sensors when selecting a Surveillance Mode and not when looking at the device states in the apps settings pages (mind you, the information on this page is not realtime)
Heimdall does receive events from devices when they are tripped.

I’ll look into it. Unfortunately I’ve never seen this behaviour before so first I have to figure out how to simulate this.

Ok thnx for the reply. I will find another way to register and use the info.

Hi!
You may use the Device Capability app for this. Use the “last seen (ms)” tag and check if more than 8640000 (being a day and a night in ms).

New version published.

Version 2.3.8

• Fixed incorrect devicestatus in app settings

I was able to reproduce the problem reported by @Andrea_M, this update fixes it.

3 Likes

Thank you DaneedeKruyff! I was just wondering how it was fixed by itself while I chechek your message and discovered the new update … Great App Great men. TOP :muscle:

1 Like