Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

Isn’t it possible to exclude it in the device settings tab in the Heimdall app, where you select which sensors should trigger in which state (partial/fully armed)?

I have already tried that. unfortunately he takes them all

I’m afraid you’re stuck with it then. To Homey it is ‘just’ a device for which Homey exposes the capabilities which Heimdall uses.
On which check does this give you problems? And how do you encounter these problems.
Can you share your flows and additional information?

Of course:

Screenshots are a bit hard to read, but I think the best way to filter out your virtual/grouped devices would be to include a logic card in your flow(s).

I’m sorry, I don’t have a computer available at the moment. the advanced flows are only displayed in the browser.

how could you filter them out with logic card? thanks!

I’d say something like this:

Maybe add a distinct ‘tag’ to the grouped devices names like [G] and filter on that so you need only on condition card.

Important announcement

This week I will be publishing a new version to the test branch of this app.
This means that everybody who initially installed Heimdall from the test branche and has Automatic Updates enabled will get this version.

This new version is functional the same as the most recent stable but is using Homey SDK3 instead of Homey SDK2 enabling it to be used on Homey Pro 2023 and on the earlier Homey Pro’s after Athom removes SDK2.

Numerous tests on this new version have been done but because Heimdall offers so much functionalities, options and ways of using it, it is impossible to test every scenario. I expect no issues but can not give any guarantees.

If you are not sure if you initially installed from the test branche and ‘want to sit this one out’ to wait for the official release of the SDK3 version please disable the Automatic Update on the app.

8 Likes

Hi There.
Denmark here, I just want to let you know, how much I appriciate Heimdal, it was one of the reasons, that I switch From Smartthings to Homey.
I really hope, that you can make compatible whit the new Homey Pro :O) :O)
Best regards Jim

2 Likes

New test version published.

Version 2.3.0 Beta

• SDK3 support and conversion from athom-api to homey-api

After the final test this weekend, the switching of Daylight Saving Time, was passed I have now published the version that supports SDK3 as a test version to the App Store. Everybody that initially installed Heimdall from the test branch wil get this update automatically unless the Auto Update on the app was disabled.

If you run into problems or have questions on this version, please post them here with as much information possible.

2 Likes

Hi @DaneedeKruyff and thanks for an amazing app!
Would like the possibility to clear the log of entries older than “n” days (instead of all log entries), as per “Simple LOG” if possible…

Thanks again for your hard work :slight_smile:

Hi Patric,

While it’s possible to clean the log from a flow there’s no need to manually manage the log size. Heimdall will clean up the log automatically so it doesn’t grow too big.

Thanks for your donation btw, much appreciated!

Progress report

The test version built on SDK3 and using homey-api is in test now for 2 weeks and until now no real errors or problems surfaced.
I did in the mean time silently publish new versions with minor fixes based on reports I received on the developers pages (some handling of time-outs in the homey-api) but they weren’t notable enough to write a separate post about them.

I will keep this version in test for a while, the number of test users is not really big yet so I hope some more people are ready to take the plunge :wink:

4 Likes

Hello!

Do the Heimdall app use any specific Firewall ports besides the ones Homey use as default?

GREAT APP!

//Oscar

No, all communication is done by Homey.

1 Like

Progress report

Almost 4 weeks have gone by without any reported problems or crashes since the last progress report. I feel confident to publish the current test version to live so I will do so.

This means Heimdall is working with SDK3 but this does not mean it is automatically fully compatible with the new Homey Pro 2023!

Due to the removal of some functionality in the new Homey Pro 2023 some other changes have to be made to Heimdall.
It is unclear if the speech options will have to be completely removed from the app or they can be kept in for the older version and hidden and disabled for the new version.
Questions on that subject have not been answered by Athom so the only way to be sure about this is to wait for the new Homey to arrive and test it.

Luckily there is a little delay in production so only a small batch will be send out to developers in the first wave giving us developers time to catch problems and fix them before a lot of new Homey’s are send out to regular users.

3 Likes

Let’s hope you can disable them and not have to make two versions (and i would not blame you if you would remove speech). @homey, if speech MUST be left out, then within the month, the thing I feared will happen when releasing a Homey without audio.
I hope to be surprised :slight_smile:

Let wait if they give a clear answer on this.

But in the case it is; maybe it’s possible to make a when event with the message as tag that normally would be spoken. The Homey owners with speaker can use it in a separate flow to do the speech, the others can send it to something different like message to phone.

To be honest, I am not expecting an answer between now and actual delivery so I will just test it when my new unit arrives and take it from there to see what the options are.

1 Like

There is probably a bug in the new version that where available today. When I try to remove sensors from Heimdall in a flow it fails with the message “removeMonitorFullFrom is not defined”