Heating Panel

I am using a Heatit Z-Water controller to manage 6 Uponor actuators for my heated floors. Would it be possible to integrate this setup with Homey?

Additionally, does Homey offer the ability to configure heating zones and provide a dashboard or control panel to adjust the temperature in individual rooms from the app?

The HeatIt Z-Water controller is supported by the Heatit Controls app, which is developed by HeatIt itself. So the answer is yes.

Homey does not have a built-in heating planner, but there are some apps in the App Store available, e.g.:
Homey Heating Scheduler
Heating Controller

I can’t say how these work and what options you have, I don’t use these apps.
But it’s also possible to create suitable flows without the need of additional apps.

Yesterday the an official Homey Dashboard developed by Athom itself was launched, but it’s actually in Beta phase. Maybe you check out the Dashboards forum category to inform yourself what can be done with it. You can also submit feature requests if you are missing something.
But there are already other dashboards available, just search for them in the App Store.

Many thanks, @DirkG for clarifying this. It’s sad to hear that there’s no native heating panel for Homey. I currently use it on my Fibaro HC2 and was considering migrating to Homey, but relying on a third-party tool for heating management, which I consider a core feature of smart homes, is a bit concerning. I would expect official support for such an essential feature to ensure a more integrated and seamless experience.

I agree, I also started with an HC2 a few years ago, so I know what you’re talking about.
Homey also has no native irrigation or alarm feature, a software based keypad (insides the Homey smartphone app) to arm/disarm the alarm system is not possible at all. Nevertheless, a lot is possible via third-party apps or even purely via flows.
Both systems have their advantages and disadvantages. The big advantage of Homey is that it supports an enormous number of external devices, tools and protocols.
Even though I’m still missing some features, I haven’t regretted switching to Homey Pro at the end of 2019.

Homey looks really promising, and I really like the UI! However, I’ll need to wait for a native heating panel before fully migrating. Since the main things I control in my smart home are lighting and heating, I’d expect native support for these features from any smart home solution—just like having a calling and messaging app on a smartphone! :slight_smile:

You are welcome to send a request to Athom:
Ideas & Suggestions - Homey Community Forum
Submitting a support request

But I suspect that Athom will not add a native heating planner because the basic concept of Homey are the apps.

1 Like