Google Home integration

Recently had some issues with GH and had to delete all my apps from GH.

So now I have begun setting GH back up (only for some voice commands, mostly everything operates via flows) and I have a question related to Homey.

If I connect Homey to GH and move all Hue lights into a second home, do I need to rename them or anything to avoid confusing GH?

In GH you can make an extra house. I assume you can transfer those lights to that house. For recognition you could give these lights a name with the name off this second house in it.

1 Like

I was hoping to avoid moving all devices to another home and having to renameā€¦ 100+ devices and I only want a couple Zigbee devices in gh

I donā€™t think you need to rename them, at least I didnā€™t do it.

Then you can, in theory, rename your current home, create a new one with the ā€˜oldā€™ name, and move the couple of zigbee devices to it.
Then most of your devices are in the other home.

1 Like

I think thereā€™s one down side to that, all new Homey devices from now on, probably end up in the original, but now ā€œoldā€, Ghome.
Up side: new devices wonā€™t ā€˜litterā€™ your ā€˜newā€™ Ghome.

1 Like

I considered this + flows so did bring homey into my home and move all devices outside of the home that I didnā€™t want.

Wish you could choose or had a say in which apps or flows would sync to Google home.