Google home... devices in one big mess from Homey

When I sync my homey pro to my google home account it just throws all the stuff from homey down in the bottom in one big mess.

I already have rooms set op in my google home with a lot of devices, but when I sync Homey it dos not care about anything, I now have a load of double devices and it just dos not seem to be any good.

I have also tried to setup a new home, because I had seen on Homey´s own video that when they connect it to homey then it put everything in to rooms in google home, and it all looks nice, but when I do the same it all just comes in as one big mess.

Hope someone knows what I´am doing wrong here ore is it just another marketing trick from Homey. :blush:

1 Like

I’ve had this too, have everything nicely arranged in spaces

Its a shame that it makes a mess in the google home app.

I also had double devices in Google Home because I installed my HUE lights into my Homey by the HUE app and did also install the HUE app in my Google Home. After sync I ended up with twice the amount of lights. Maybe you have a simular situation?

2 Likes

Sounds like that could be the situation.

Should I remove the hue app from google home, or will that create problems.

I removed my HUE app in the Google home app and all the double lights were gone. But because the lights are still installed in Homey, Google sees them anyway. Worked for me fine! Give it a try.

2 Likes

Great thanks :slight_smile:

But then i still see all the google hubs, chromecasts and mini’s double in google home :frowning:

Those are Google devices aren’t they? So how is that a Homey problem?

Because Homey puts them there after syncing. Exactly the same as he dit with the hue.

That is by design isn’t it? They are native Google devices, so Google Home shows them by default. Then you add them to your Homey as devices and sync all your Homey devices to Google. Voila. double devices. Just as to be expected.

So, either you delete them from Google (don’t think that is possible, but maybe it is) and only sync them via your Homey account or you delete them from Homey and only show them as native Google devices.

Because that is what @WimS did. He disconnected (and thus stopping syncing) his HUE account from Google and only synced them via his Homey account where he added the lights via the Athom HUE app.

Another option is to either on Google or on Homey put them in another (dummy) room or house so they don’t show up both in the same house/room.

1 Like

Is there already a solution for this? Would be nice if you can choose which device you want to sync with Google home and which not. I can remove all my accounts from google home, but my Google devices will be double. Prefer not to add them to a dummy house, filtering would be much nicer.

Pls. write to Support | Homey to reach Athom. This is just a user forum.