Full factory reset

Hi,

I want to sell my homey (in this case a cash-back action from a shop when I buy a Homey Pro), and want to do a full factory reset: disconnect all devices, remove flows, and disassociate the homey from my athom account, and remove it from my home wifi network.

So far, I’ve been able to do the first two, but not the last. When the homey is in recovery mode, it first ask for my wifi network, then asks if I want to keep my data or delete that, and finally ask if I already have an Athom account or want to create a new account. I want neither, I want no accounts on this Homey. Unfortunately, it won’t start deleting the user data until I connected it to my home network and filled in some user account details.

So I was able to delete all flows and devices, and the Homey even did a software update. That’s nice, but it still connects to my home network and is associated to my account.

I don’t want that.

How do I proceed removing it from my account and ensuring it will never connect to my wireless network again?

Sorry I only see the Dutch version, but probably you are Dutch:

4. Optioneel: Ontkoppel gebruikersaccounts (fabrieksinstellingen)

Wanneer je geen (nieuw) Athom account aan Homey wil koppelen (fabrieksinstellingen), houdt dan ALT ingedrukt op je toetsenbord wanneer je gevraagd wordt of je al een Athom account hebt. Klik vervolgens op Koppel geen Athom account . Let op: Dit werkt het beste in Chrome op Windows of OSX.

Na het updaten en opnieuw opstarten zonder account zal Homey beginnen te vertellen om naar setup.athom.com te gaan voor het instellen. Houd op dit moment ALT in op je toetsenbord en druk op Volgende om de factory reset compleet te maken.

1 Like

Thanks! That did the trick!

English link to the (same) support page, for the non Dutch people getting the same issue:

1 Like