Flow with OR limited number of cards?

I am a new Homey user and am trying to create a flow with multiple OR conditions in the “AND” section of the flow. I followed the instruction on the support site on how to create OR conditions in a flow, but noticed that I cannot add more than three OR cards (or rather sections with an OR line in between).

Am I missing something, or is this a limitation? Is there a work-around?

Thanks

The AND Section allows only 3 or action.
However, a workaround is to invert the conditions instead.

so instead of or “someone is home” or “light is on” , you can do “not and” and reverse the action.
so that would be “someone is not home and light is off” and you put the desire action in the else slot.

maybe screenshot your flows here so we can better explain…
Here’s a solution from the old forum

You can use as many AND cards as you want… The OR has a limitation of 3

An option is to make one main flow with a trigger “this flow is starded” and make multiple flows that trigger the main flow…

Fantastic! Works like a charm. Thanks!

Well, there’s no reason to limit the OR cards to a maximum of three, is there…?

Don’t know why it’s limited.
Anyway, with a bit of creative thinking you can use as many OR conditions as you like, as mentioned here before:

Look on the internet and search for “wetten van De Morgan” That’s what Peter_Kawa says.

This limitation with only three or seems to still be around. What value is it adding?

It seems to me like the flows could be much less cluttered and more nicely organized if that limitation was removed.

Does anyone know why it is there?

I guess only Athom will know why.
One solution is to use Advanced Flows as they have no such limits.

1 Like

I thought maybe someone would have learned the answer already by now🙂

There is no answer other than that Athom has, at some point, decided that “three ought to be enough for anybody”.

3 Likes