Flow for dimmed landing light

Hi guys!

I have a bunch of Philips Hue lights with the Hue Motion sensor. I use the Philips Hue Bridge and Homey 5.34rc.

I want to make a flow to switch on the landing light on motion when the luminance is below 3 lux. The light should be dimmed to 50%.

This should be the case before 23:45h.

After 23:45 it should be 25%.

So far I made this but I have doubts this will work.

What do you guys think? Any advise?

I managed to make the flow to wait while the timer is running and the flow to turn the light off. So that works. It is just the flow to turn the light on with the above mentions terms.
Thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Wim

Hey Wim,

It will not work like this. The way your flow is set up, the lamps are always dimmed to 50%.

If the requirements in the “And” section are met, in your case the one or the other, then the upper section of “Then” will be executed.
If the requirements in the “And” area are not met, then the actions in the “Then - Else” area will be executed.

You must create 2 flows:

Flow 1
When…
Motion Alarm is turned on
And…
Lux < 3
Time is earlier than 23:45 o’clock
Edit: Time is between 15:00 - 23:45 o’clock
Then…
Dimm to 50 %
Stop Countdown Timer „Landing light“

Flow 2
When…
Motion Alarm is turned on
And…
Lux < 3
Time is later than 23:45 o’clock
Edit: Time is between 23:45 - 10:00 o’clock
Then…
Dimm to 25 %
Stop Countdown Timer „Landing light“

I took over the timer now, because I don’t know the CountDown app, don’t know how it works.

1 Like

Hi Dirk,
Thanks, indeed, it should be so simple!
Thanks again!
Cheers,
Wim

Hm, I’m actually not sure if „Time is later than 23:45 o’clock“ is a good choice. I actually don’t know how Homey handle „Time is later than“. :thinking:
I think a time period would be a better choice.
Flow 1
Time between 15:00 - 23:45 o’clock
Flow 2
Time between 23:45 - 10:00 o’clock

But just try it out and let me know which solution works.

Cheers,
Dirk

Not the best choice, indeed. It will dim 25% until midnight 0:00 then after midnight (new day) Homey believes the time is earlier than 23:45 so will dim again at 50%.

That will work.

1 Like

Yes indeed Danone and Dirk. I have changed that and the other one too. So between 10:00 and 23:45 at 50%. I see what it does tonight and tomorrow.
Thanks again guys!
Cheers,
Wim

Thanks for pointing out, I have changed the flows.