Fibaro RGBW - Control individual outputs

Hi,

I have a Fibaro RGBW controller running 2 independent sets of 12V LED lights. The setup is working but the app doesn’t give me a way to control the brightness (or even the on off state) of each channel on its own - I have to go through the colour picker and try and find a colour that gets both sets of lights on reasonably brightly.

Is there a way to control each channel independently from Homey? Through the app or programmatically (is that possible)?

Apologies if I have missed something obvious.

Thanks,

Dave

Create a VD and associate via flows the VD with outputs of the RGBW Controller.

When dimm level of VD change
Then Dimm Level VD = dimm level Red

That’s fantastic. Thanks for your help.

I’m not seeing a Virtual Dimmer, but after a bit of searching around, I can use a Virtual Switch as you describe to set a specific brightness for each channel. It’ll take 2 flows per channel but it will absolutely work.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Hi, did you manage to creatie working flows? I am running into the same problem…

Yes it did, though as I noted I needed two flows - one to switch on and one to switch off. Its a pretty good workaround to functionality that really ought to be in the Fibarro app for the RGBW device. Hope it works for you too.

But is it without the brightness specific option? Could you share some screen shots of your flows? Would be nice if I get it working too…

I have a sinilar problem. Im using A momentary switch to control the output of channel 4 of fibaro dimmer. I’d like to trigger another Light based on the fibaro dimmers state but When controlling the dimmer with A switch it doesnt update the device status in homey. So basicly it works independently from homey when using A physical switch.

Any workaround for this? Yes virtual devices would be A possibility but i still want to use sometimes the switch also that is connected to channel 4 output

Did you solve this situation somehow? Thanks

In A way Yes. I changed my switch to a Zigbee wireless switch and created flows for lights.

I tried to understand and use this solution, but I’m not able figure it out. How can I set a specific brightness for each channel by a Homey flow. I only see a chart for a total dim level. Please explain in more detail how to use the 4 channnels independently.
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Having the same question - is there a solution for controlling all 4 channels independently? I don’t see an option to change dimm level to a specific channel.

The key card that you need (in the Then… part of the flow) is “Set specific brightness” (for the Fibaro RGBW device) then you can pick the channel that you want to set and the brightness that you want.

I use a Virtual Device on off switch as the trigger and then have two flows - one to set the brightness to 100% and the other to set it to 0%.

1 Like

can you please send screenshots? I don’t know how to set the brightness for only one channel. or how, for example, to turn on another LED strip to the already lit one, etc.