Fibaro Heat Controller not reporting temperature

Mine is on FW 4.7

1 Like

Thx!

So there are no differences with the FW. :man_shrugging:t3:

I have sometimes problems with the commands from Homey to the FGT. I sometimes need to alter the FGT by hand to “wake” it up before responding to the homey. Furthermore it works most of the times. I would like to see it more stable but that’s also the case for the Eurotronic spirits.

I think FLIRS is still not supported by homey. Can anybody confirm this?

If FLIRS is still not supported I hope it will soon be. Polling instead of FLIRS consumes a lot more battery. And the wake up is still a problem

FLiRS is kind of “supported” with a workaround, it is pushed now as a device without battery, so Homey will just send the signal, but doesn’t take the variable timeout into account the FLiRS devices have, it isn’t polled though (by default), not sure where you read that, that wouldn’t do anything for signals towards the device either FLiRS is only beneficial for the battery device itself (receive signals), not the other way around.

One of my Heat Controllers have stopped reporting temperature again now, while the other three are working just fine. I don’t see any pattern for why it shouldn’t work on this last one, they all have the same version as well as some having a non-direct connection to Homey.

HC1: direct link to Homey, works.
HC2: one jump through a dimmer, works.
HC3: direct link to Homey, works.
HC4: direct link to Homey, DOESN’T work.

I submitted a support request to Homey, will update this thread with the reponse!

I have 7x HT and all of them have this problem and i don’t know what to do.
Some of them not reporting temperature for weeks!
I updated FW(4.7.2) on all devices using Fibaro HC.

Sounds like the same situation that I’m in, I reached out to Homey support but their only reply was to reach out to Fibaro support for help with their Heat Controllers. Homey told me they could not reproduce the issue, which means a fix is way off into the future.

Today I moved all my devices (Qubino dimmers, 4x Fibaro Heat Controllers and some controls and switches) to Fibaro Home Center 3 Lite. So far everything is working great, radiators are super responsive, seem to use less battery than before, lights seem more responsive. I will miss the nice Homey app, as well as their nice developer tools, but for now I just need a smart home that works with no fuzz. Maybe I’ll switch back one day once the quirks of Fibaro Home Center starts showing, but for now I’m all in. Wish you the best of luck!

Okay, here is my experiment.
I have two HC for a test.
1st HC connected to Homey
2nd HC connected to Fibaro HCL
Both HC connected to one external sensor.
First 10 hours, i received temperature updates for both 1st and 2nd HC.
After 10 hours, 1st(Homeys) stops sending any temperature updates.
2nd HC works fine and still send temperature updates.

The problem definitely with Homey z-wave protocol or with Fibaro app.
Tried to restart Fibaro app, nothing…

I would suggest to contact Athom.
I don’t have Fibaro HC or FLiRS devices, so it doesn’t make sense that I contact Athom (diagnostic report etc.).

Really nice test!
@DirkG I included the diagnostic report from my Homey in the request to Homey, but I’m not sure if that helps them debug the issue. If @Klim is able to send one and include his or her test data as well, that would be really nice. The engineer that answered me was at home office and did not have access to the Fibaro Heat Controller that they tested with in the office. Still very strange that it’s such a hard problem for them to debug given that it happens so frequently on all my Heat Controllers.

Also is my case, when HC connected to Homey and not reporting temperature, it’s not reacting to any changes to target temperatures. It’s like in deep sleep mode. No errors from Homey when you send commands. It’s just doing nothing. I have the same behavior with all of my 7x HC.

I don’t understand that either, also with a lot of other problems.

Last reply from Homey support was that they would keep looking into this issue, hopefully a fix is not too far away. One thing they did mention was that the Fibaro Heat Controller only sends out temperature once the change in temperature is great enough. They thought this threshold might be set too high, but it’s not something that I can configure with z-wave parameters. And it’s reporting just fine from to my Fibrao GW for days now. Though I can see the reporting frequency being lower once there are only small temperature changes, like when the graphs flattens out (attached screenshot)

Hi all,

I also have troubles with all my FIBARO The Heat Controllers (FGT-001 ZW5) on Homey Pro ver. 5 and the latest Fibaro app.

After I include the devices with external temperature sensor to Homey Pro on version 5, everything goes well. AFter a few hours the measured temperature freeeze and didnt report changes in temperature/ actual values.

I have four this devices and I am facing this issue on every this device.

-I tried firmware version 4.6 and 4.7

-I tried factory reseting

-I tried excluding and including again

-I tried pair the external sensor before including to Homey and I also tried do this pairing process after they was already included.

-I tried charged battery to 100% on the units

-I tried added the device without temperature sensor and the device reported temperature properly. But without temperature sensor I am unable to use the

device because after the radiator starts heating the temperature fire up to 25°C after few minutes and the valve closed for more than 3 hours after the

temperatured descend the target level. This repeats more than one week. But the reality is that the temperature is still very low aprox. 20°C and after

30 min heating the units on Homey shows aprox. 25°C and the reality is aprox 20°C. I dont know why this happening but on the home center 3 this issue didnt

happening at all.

As I wrote I have four brand new devices and three different external sensors. I also have 12 peaces of Popp z-wave radiator valves and they are working properly without any problem. I bought the Fibaro heat controllers due to flirs to set target temp imediately.

I would like to ask if somebody could fix this issue and Works with this devices on Homey properly?

Thank you

Any news about this issue?
In the meantime there were several Homey firmware updates, also concerning Z-Wave. However, there was no Fibaro app update specifically for the Heat Controller.

Hi,
Is there any progress in this?
I struggle with many things with Fibaro Heat Controller.
One of the things is that you cannot switch it to Off (close the valve) or Max (valve fully open). If you this on the the heat controller, then it is not recognized by Homey…
And in general it is not stable and unexpected behaviour.

Hello! Any news on this? After reading these threads it’s starting to get annoying…

I got the heat controllers recently and Homey Pro - I can read sensor info but I am unable to control the temperature directly from Homey.
I bought the Fibaro HC Lite (the devices work perfectly here and instant) hoping that I a firmware update would do the trick but nothing!

ATHOM??

Athom is not active here, this is the Community only (mostly, 99.9% of the time), if you want to reach Athom themselves, use their support forms.

1 Like

Thank yous! Just sent a supports request :slight_smile:

The only way i got it working was to add it as a generic Z-wave device.
But then the only thing you can do is off or fully open…

It is a shame because hardware-wise the Fibaro is a great heat-controller