Door opening to control AC via IFTTT problems

Hello,

I try to control my AC unit through Airzone Cloud from Homey. As the Airzone Aidoo app became obsolete with the early 2023 pro model I have to do a workaround. The only way I seem to be able to achieve this is to use IFTTT.com. As I am not a programmer I can’t do webhooks, so I tried to use the built in integration at IFTTT and Homey which should be upgraded to at least handle variables in my opinion. Anyways here is my issue:

I set up Flows to set the Master Bedroom door to yes variable when the door is open and to no variable when the door is closed. (Both sides of the door can be opened and closed but for the sake of simplicity I include the flows for only the left side)

So this should set the Master door variable to yes for open and no for closed state.

Then I have the flows that should trigger the IFTTT Applet based on the conditions:

Door open / Turn AC off

Door open / Turn AC on

My setup at IFTTT is the following:

The M Bed Off applet looks like this:

So for me everything looks fine, still when I test the flow I get the following error:

“No applet is registered for this homey”

Please help!!!

Ok, I noticed the Flow name at IFTTT.com is M Bed Off instead of M Bed AC OFF (as it is called in Homey), but now when I want to create a new flow, I don’t get my Homey flows at IFTTT to show up at all?

An ideas?

Okay, I think I figured out. This might help somebody. You need to reset the IFTTT app in Homey under settings / Apps. I have disabled it, then enabled it and also restarted it.

Don’t make it so difficult for yourself.
Buy a Switchbot Hub Mini for € 35. It is able to learn any IR remote control and is compatible with Homey. There’s no easier way to control IR devices.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air Conditioner via Switchbot in Homey:

1 Like

Hmm, maybe I am missing something here.

This is a door opening sensor, not an infrared sensor. I have door opening sensors on the sliding doors. If the door is open it turns off the AC, if the door is closed it turns back on. I don’t understand what should I do with an IR remote here.