Can't add Ikea ZigBee device to homey bridge

Hello guys,
I just bought homey bridge. Adding ZigBee device by aquara and wifi device by yeelight is without any prob. But problems start when I start trying to add ZigBee device by ikea (dimmable bulbs, ZigBee plug a Ikea remote control). It seem my bridge can’t find any of them. Even with Ikea app and also as any ZigBee device. Just can’t find them.
I tried restart wifi router, restart homey bridge, delete all ZigBee device and delete homey bridge and try to first add Ikea device. Nothing works.
Any ideas?
Thanks a lot!
Matěj

Same problem here, I got them to be added by resetting zigbee network from tools.developer.homey.app. Under the Zigbee panel.
But I agree the zigbee parring process on the bridge is broken

1 Like

Thanks a lot!!!
Finally works :slight_smile:

Hello Matej. I´m waiting for my bridge to arrive and om confused about wifi product support. You wrote that you added a wifi device by yeelight without any problem. Does the bridge support wifi products? I can´t find any information about the wifi support. They wrote no support for Local Wifi but what is that?

/Magnus

Hey Magnus.
You will add your wifi device thru specific app. If it’s supported by homey. Xiaomi yeelights u can add without any prob.
M

All,
Homey bridge cannot not be used for devices using local networks / wifi. The wifi is only to connect the bridge to the web using your wifi setup.
The Yeelights mentioned earlier by @Matej_Satransky communicate via cloud-2-cloud or Bluetooth, NOT via WIFI.
Here’s an overview, to be found at https://homey.app/en-us/beta/

Well, the devices connect to the cloud using WiFi, which is I think where the confusion starts for some people.

“Local Wi-Fi” means devices that are controlled directly over the local network. In other words, where Homey would communicate with the device on the local network instead of Homey communicating with a cloud server (typically from the device manufacturer) which in turn communicates with the device.

The former isn’t possible with Homey Bridge. The latter is potentially possible, but would always require a specific app for the brand/device.

1 Like

It certainly is confusing Robert! Thanks for explaining.