Button + (Release 0.5.5, Test 0.5.9)

Awesome, thanks!!

First of all; thanks for the Homey integration :100:

Iā€™ve been playing around with the B+ for the last days, made a couple of flows which can switch ā€˜pagesā€™ on the main screen and also update the button bars. Is it expected behavior that every change (display/connector) triggers a full refresh of everything?

When I update the B+ like in the screenshot, the display updates and does a refresh, then the first button bar updates (and the display refreshes), the second button bar updates (and also refreshes the display). Iā€™m not sure if this is how B+ is handling the update or that on a ā€˜connector changeā€™ from Homey also an update is sent to change the display?

Unfortunately, that is correct. When a new configuration is sent to the display, it has to reset a number of items including all the displays.
I will see if I can optimise it a bit more and send a pull request to Ronald. Originally, the Button + did a full power on reset but I did manage to reduce it to what it is now.

I think your app is stretching the usecase of B+ as how it initially was thought of. Which is great (your app), since it makes it really dynamic in use. On the B+ feature requests page I see a lot of people asking for specific functionality behind buttons or for example automatic dimming based on times/situations. I hope B+ will stay as clean as possible to be able to integrate it within another app :wink:

With only one bar I can use it for several actions.

With the many configurations possible, naming (or alias) the configurations should be helpful to ā€œrememberā€ what I did where.

Keep on the good work!

All the modifications I submit to Ronald follow his initial model of control via MQTT. For example, I have proposed a way to do the dimming via MQTT. So I also hope it stays clean.

As for aliases, Homey doesnā€™t support dynamic lists in the device interface, so I can only show configuration number. I will happily add a ā€˜Name /Noteā€™ type field in the configuration screen, but thatā€™s the only place it will be seen.

1 Like

Is it possible to turn of a button without triggering an action? For example: we have multiple ways to control our lighting in our home. But to keep the Button+ in sync, it is needed to set the button state to the correct position, without triggering the same flow again.

Example: on my phone I turn on a light in the playing corner of our home. But the button still says itā€™s off.
When I press the button I can turn it off again, but then the button thinks itā€™s on (if I want to do something with the led lights).

If the button is associated with the onoff capability of the light then it should update automatically when the state changes.
Can you try the test version of the app to see if that helps?

No it is coupled with a logic variable (number 0 or smaller = off, 1 or more = on). But you got me thinking: I can create a virtual on/off device to update the state on the Button+! Thanks!

1 Like

Thatā€™s a very good suggestion, has solved this issue for me.

2 Likes

Has anyone been successful in adding info from Sonos to the Button+ display as in the picture above?

I have a Sonos soundbar and 2 Oneā€™s in my livingroom and would like to show what is playing when the radio is on, which track is played or that the TV input is activeā€¦
I tried all options displayed, but none of them seem to work.

Perhaps a limitation of the Homey Sonos app?

No, just pick the ā€˜Track (speaker_track)ā€™, that works for me

With my Bluesound Iā€™ve created a text variable with artist and track combined, and that variable is shown on the Button+

This is a limitation of the sonos app. It is only capable of showing the info when you play a song from spotify or apple music etc. No tunein info etc is available.

Thx!
But would it be possible to show the track info here, as well as something like ā€œTV Inputā€ when the sound is coming form the tv?
Or are those 2 variables?

Sure, what I do is I use the trigger to detect that sonos is playing. And then check if the artist or track is empty and the just set the message Sonos is playing. Otherwise I fill a variable with the info from the artist and track.

The sonos ā€œcardā€ in homey has the same issue.

Is the issue getting the information from Sonos or finding a way to send it to the Button +?

The problem is getting the information. Sonos doesnā€™t seem to send it from TuneIn like for example Volumio does.

1 Like

So, I was fiddling around with the buttons on B+ to control the curtains. Now I use the variable option for that, so that I see on the small LCD closed/open. Well, I just couldnā€™t get the button to work, it didnā€™t respond on the flow what I have made. But only after I closed the curtains via Homey, the button responds after that. is this normal, or is that a bug with the variable option perhaps? itā€™s weird.

I noticed also another bug. When I reset B+ the (big) screen stay empty, only after that I restart the B+ homey app, it comes back.

Itā€™s a pain in tha ā€¦ to get the buttons working somehow. When i make test flows (and i check them double!) i get only triggers from the left button action card in homey, also when i push the right button i get the test message what i normally only get when i press the left sideā€¦ I think there is something wrong with the last beta version.

Yes, itā€™s the action card (right) ā€œwas turned On or offā€ what is not working.(if set the left button side itā€™s working) When i use the card ā€œwas pressed for a long timeā€ i get the correct test messageā€¦