Button + (Release 0.5.5, Test 0.5.9)

You can configure the date and time option in the advanced settings of the device (in the test version)

Not sure what you mean about this one. The configuration only has colours for front and back On state.

This seems to be a bug in the firmware. If a label is not defined when the Button + initialises, it doesn’t seem to create the label placeholder so setting a label is then not displayed until the panel is reset.

Could you provide a screen capture as I can’t see what you mean.

As @Torch1969 has said.

There are several flows for the buttons:

Keep them coming as it helps everyone.

This is a nice way, but it would be great if additionally you could assign a flow (with action “when this flow is started”) from withing the display/bar configuration in the Button+ App. Like you can assign a devie to a button.

That way these assignments change as well when you assign another configuration to the display or a certain bar.
In the way you describe, one has to change this flow too when a configuration is shifted one bar up or down i.e.
Perhaps that is what @Lex meant with his bullet 6?

But don’t know if this is a limitation of the Button+ firmware.

I think this is covered with the new Flow trigger “The < Left/Right > button on < Display/Button > configuration < Config Number > was < State >”. That is tied to the configuration and not the connectors.

Hi Adrian,

The update is working much better, thanks for that.
I have now configured my first complete use-case, the idea was to switch to another usage with the right display button and which that switch to different button configurations. Now I have the problem that this seems to work, but the Button+ is not updating the buttons. But the functions are changing in the background. → this was because a flow was activating the blinds as well, so you can forget that last part.

This is how my screen looks now:

And I have also no option anymore to choose the “button+” options like date / time etc as this is no longer available in the drop-down list.

Thanks and regards,

Cor

Hey Adrian!

Thanks! Great stuff!

Here’s the screenshot:

For my time issue, I don’t understand what you mean with the device advanced settings. In Homey, this is the page with device advanced settings:

That’s all I see. Or should I be looking elsewhere?

That’s the correct page, but I guess you are using the last release version. If you install the test version or wait until I get that approved, then you will see the extra options.

1 Like

For the issue in the screen shot, I can’t seem to reproduce that, so it is either fixed already or I’m not doing the correct steps to get to it.
Could you explain the steps you take to get there?

I can confirm, in v 0.2.16 the date, time, temperature and info fields are no longer in drop down of functions when choosing button+ device as device in a button configuration.

I just installed the test version, I can’t seem to reproduce the problem so it looks like it’s resolved :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, with installing the test version, the 24h “problem” is gone and indeed, quite a few more settings on the page.

Thanks!

1 Like

They will only appear in the display configuration

The button lists are filtered to only show Boolean and open/stop/close items.

:joy: stupid me….

My device is bricked right now. First black screen, snow on buttons and configuration on ip empty. After homey button+ app restart the buttons show labels again, but don’t work. Screen is still black (only IP-adres shown) and configuration on ip address still empty.

I still don’t see them, they were there before but I have only a long list without the Button+ options.

That looks like the device list, so you need to select the Button + device first, and then the other items appear in the capabilities list.

Have you tried to factory reset the panel?

I’m Stupid. I had rename the Button+ into “Woonkamer” and therefore I was missing it. Sorry!

1 Like

Now that’s solved, but after I have reset the B+ device (all screens were black and no text ? ) and save the confirguration to the devoid something were missing. After checking my display configuration all the "variables " configured items were empty. And I cannot choose them anymore.
No idea what I have done wrong, but I’m pretty sure on the top of this list the variables was an option:

Yes, me too, GitHub issue #78

Will start reanimation tomorrow, after that check all the new features :wink:

1 Like

Hi Adrian,
I got my device today and spend the last few hours starting to configure it. Let me first say a big thank you for your great work. Your app makes the devices even more powerful.

I have one issue and one question/enhancement. V.0.2.16 and 1.07.
I’ve set button 1 left with the label “Garagentor” for the garage door.
The label is shown in the web-app of the device but it is empty on the device. I was not able to set any label so far via your app. Only the defaults are shown (e.g. Btn 6). Im using German language settings if this might be an issue ? I’ve also notice when I have German umlauts e.g. in the information field, they are not shown correctly on the device but are correct in the web-app.

2nd question/enhancement : is it somehow possbile to show different LED color for On and Off state ?
E.g. green when the garage is locked and red when it is open ?

and a 3rd cosmetic one. Is it possible to set the Alignment of the fields in the display config via the App?

thanks a lot
Alexander