Button + (Release 0.5.5, Test 0.5.9)

Ok, too bad then I can’t test it out at the moment

If you are happy to install via the CLI, you can download the last simulator version from my GitHub repo (GitHub - AdyRock/com.ady.button_plus at WithSimulator)

Basically, I added new features that weren’t supported by the simulator as I was working on the hardware Firmware as well.

2 Likes

Hu @Adrian_Rockall , received my button+ today and started using your app. Just wanted to mention the first steps are great.

Just wanted to ask if there is any way of debugging. Because I wanted to start a flow when a button is pressed. I can get that to work with the configurations for devices but when I use the advanced flow the card is not triggered

No debugging yet, but I have just fixed the flow trigger for buttons that don’t have a device associated with them.

Yes, nice works now. Thanks!

1 Like

If made a flow to capture all button clicks. I get a trigger on connections 2-3-4 but only the left buttons. The button on the display and all the right once do not trigger. Is this known?

As far as I can see the event types are not filled for the right buttons. If I add them manually I can get things to work.

I will check when I get home this evening.

Great, if you need a hand with anything. Please let me know.

Thanx or this app! Nice work (in progress)!

I received my Button+ device too. I can confirm the right half doesn’t respond to presses.
Also the dimming of the device isn’t working. And I am not sure but I seem to have problems with the display connector buttons. It says ‘Missing Capability Listener’.

Is it possible to trigger a led through an event on Homey, for example as the doorbell rings?
Still a lot to discover… Very happy with it!

The dimming isn’t working as the Button firmware hasn’t included the new features yet.

I have published a new version that should fix the issue with the right side buttons not being configured.

2 Likes

Will test tomorrow thanks for the super fast updates!.

1 Like

Yes, it works! Both sides work now the same. Thanks !

2 Likes

Yes thanks, the update does fix the right buttons. Also the triggers are working again within the flows.

I’ve seen that the buttons on the big display are also being set, but when I push them the card within the flow is not triggered. All other buttons do trigger a card.

I will check it out.

Hmm, seem to work OK for me. I have two bars so my display is plugged in to connector 2

I have 3 bars. My display is in 1. Could it be that connector 1 is not registered?

(Sorry for the dutch screenshot have changed the homey to english just now)

The display buttons are named differently in the list:

But you can use the local tag:

Ah thanks! Found.

Can I detect if the left or right button is pressed using a card? Because when I build this setup. When pushing the button. I do not get a notification.

You have both triggers set to Left button. Just click on the Left text on one of the cards and change it to Right.