Button + (Release 0.5.5, Test 0.5.9)

Last night Adrian’s B+ App automatically updated to 4.0. After that Buttons were not responding. Display was working like it was.
Maybe installation of the new firmware (1.1) was the solution, I thought. Nope.

After a reboot of B+ hardware the buttons displayed the default text like Btn1… and display was also returned to default.

This morning I exported the JSON file from within Adrian’s app as a kind of a backup.

I installed the B+ App v 3.7.1 again and everything is working again, with firmware 1.1.

Thanks Adrian for making the app even better, just wanted to let you know what I noticed, what happened and how I resolved it for now.

2 Likes

@adrian, i can’t find the option to switch to a certain display configuration by using a variable. I do see the option to change the display, but then i am not able to use anything different than a predefined configuration. I used a variable te rotate through different configurations and at the end of that list start again at te first configuration.

I will have a look.
Have you tried the new page feature?

@Adrian_Rockall, no I haven’t because I couldn’t figure out how to use it with multiple b+ devices. I understand that you can define which item you want to place on page 1 and therefore will be able to re-use items on different b+ devices instead of using multiple configs. But what if you want items on your second b+ device on page 1 which should not be presented on page 1 of the first b+ device. In other words how to define the page number for different b+ devices.

But then again I might totally misinterpreted the page filisofy :wink:.

In that case I would have one configuration per device and duplicate the items between the configurations if you want them on more than one device. But that’s just another option to what you are doing now.

Cool! The latest update fixed my not responding problem :+1::+1:

1 Like

Buttons are working in the latest release, thanks!

Only thing is that I use a lot of flows with the ‘change text label of the left/right button on connector x

They all stay on the configured label in the button config. Is there something changed?

Thanks for all your time and effort @Adrian_Rockall !

Does that mean the Flow is not working for you and not changing the text?

It looks like the flow is running but all buttons stay at the ‘default’ (pre configured) labels as configured in the settings page, buttons)

I will try it again now. Will send an update in some minutes

1 Like

I see now that they all return an error. But not close to a laptop (to check the actual error in an advanced flow)

They return all an error. Any idea what is wrong? In the ‘latest stable release’ it is working.

Yes, have the same problem here.

1 Like

New test version should fix the Change top text and text Flow cards

2 Likes

Will test it tomorrow complete. But the ‘change text field of button x’ is working again. Hopefully it did not cost you the whole evening? Thanks!!! :+1::+1::muscle::muscle::muscle:

1 Like

Love the app and progress, ran into two issues with the 0.4.2 version.

Flow working as test, button doesn’t
When using the new flow card :The Links Button on Display configuration Configuration 1 was Clicked
I am able to test run a flow to change my button configurations (I have three). But when pressing said button on my display the action doesn’t work.

While configuring the new pages it looks like the “Function” of a device is changed from the set value to “missing”. But cannot put my finger on when that exactly happens (all other variable like top label, unit, position are right).

Let me know if I can do anything to provide additional details besides this diagnostic report: a4da7114-5794-42c9-a1c8-793f62b8a8f4

I will look into it.

1 Like

New test version fixes the display button trigger.
I haven’t managed to recreate the “missing” issue yet.

Sorry, I’ve found another strange thing in the latest release :face_with_peeking_eye:

I’ve made a lot of button configurations. For example, nr. 20: (left and right) on is front led green, back led always off
For test I set it to button config 16 and MANUAL edit the frond led to yellow (by set connector 4 left and right led to yellow) and Manual set de background color to blue (same way)
On the previous app, when switching to button config 20, it uses that colors from that config. So (when on), green led on front and off on the back. Now it does not change. It keep all led colors and state from the previous (but manual edited) state. Only the tekst labels change.

I hope that I make clear what I did in my poor English :smiling_face:

Edit:
I see now that sometimes the led and tekst setting is also not working. I just tried with the latest app:

1. Set to blank buttons with front leds all off and back leds all red. => result. 2 buttons keep tekst. 3 buttons with red front light, 1 green front light and the rest off.
  2. I downgrade to the latest stable release and immediately all 6 buttons are blank and only the red back leds are on.
    I don’t know what is changed but I think something with the led setting?

Tried the newest version, but doesn’t seem to fix the issue I had with the physical buttons.
I did some further troubleshooting.

My assumption is that these cards should do the same thing, but that differs between testing in the flow and using the physical buttons on B+

The last card fits my use case, it works every time. So no on/off state on this button as it appears…

Didn’t see any issues with the missing state anymore.

Another thing I notices is when creating a new display item, it always turns up as Item 2 of page 1. Whereas I expect it to be the last item of the last page (I currently have 3 pages). So it should show as the last item of page 3? Or is that not the right logic?

I recognize the same issue with the leds.
I have a flow which uses

I which case the top label and label are changed, but the LED colors aren’t changed (it keeps previous LED colors).

I’m looking into this now. The new version makes all changes via MQTT, but the front and wall colours are not available that way. At the moment the only solution is to upload the new configuration each time, which is slow and could eventually wear out the memory in the Button plus.
I have therefore submitted a pull request to add the colour topics to solve this problem. If it’s not accepted then I will revert to the old method.
Hopefully it is not causing too much inconvenience until we can work out a solutionm

2 Likes