Button + (Release 0.5.5, Test 0.5.9)

Many thanks and would be great if they can come back. Screen is empty now :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks again for your fast replay and great support!

New test version with that issue fixed.

2 Likes

Wow, that is really fast! Thanks and it is working again!

p.s. Just send you a small donation for your time and effort to make this beautiful device working with Homey :muscle:

1 Like

Just curious; I would like to calibrate my Button+ temperature. I’ve got 3 other values in my living room and they are all between 0.4 and 0,6c higher. My idea is to manual correct (advanced settings) my button+ with '+0.5c. But I see that I can only input round numbers.I’ve already found that I can just enter the decimals in another app and copy-paste it in this field. This is working. Maybe an easy change to make input of decimals possible in this field?

Strange, I can type in decimals OK. I have mine adjust by -2.3.
Can you type in a . instead of a , to see if that works? If it does then it is a bug in Homey as it is define as a number entry.

Hmm, whatever I do, I do not get a keyboard that allow me to enter decimals?

I can see a button with .- on it on my Android device (but seems the screen shot features doesn’t work when a keyboard is displayed).

Edit: Is your image from an iPhone? Just wondering if it’s an iPhone problem or a language problem.

1 Like

Yes, it is a screenshot on an iPhone.
I see now what in al other apps I have the ‘,’ available. But in the homey app nowhere (it was there in the past). So I think an ‘issue’ in the complete app. Sorry for asking. I thought that it was an app related setting.

Other apps:

Looks like that is a problem with iOS version of the Homey app. Same happens in other apps and advanced settings that should allow decimal input. I assume the the input field is for a number since the keyboard is automatic to number keypad.

Interesting from input form elements when type=number:

The default step is 1 (allowing only integers to be selected by the user, unless the step base has a non-integer value).

It seems that if the attribute step=”any” is used, it would tell clients that floating point value is allowed. Not sure about that though.

1 Like

I have published a new test version that has defined “step” as 0.1. Can you see if that fixes the problem?

Hmm, since the last update my button+ isn’t to happy…

Specifically the display keeps getting stuck / black.
Just letting you know, already checking myself if I can find something…

Nope, no change for that on an iPhone

I guess this is something that needs to be checked with Athom.

By the way, on an iPad its with full board, so the issue applies to iPhones only.

Try to copy paste a value with decimal number from another app where you can type everything….

Yes, that was what @Ranney said also. Works as a workround.

Hey @Adrian_Rockall I’m getting a black screen whatever i do. No back-up works it seems and this all happened a few minutes after it upgraded to the new version.

I did a factory reset + re-install of the app + removed all data.
Than restored a backup, no succes.

I’ll try and start from scratch and see if that works… But anyhow lost all my flows also because of the new ID from the new device.

It seems something in the app was changed in the roundings breaking my config. I’ve re-build the display and it’s working now.

I did also see some weird behavior in the functions, where it just said: “missing”. Now i rebuild everything it seems to be ok again. Hopefully this was the first and the last time i needed to do this :D. I did manage to clean things up a bit, haha.

Very strange as the only changes were the extra step parameter for the calibration and some more tips in the app settings page.
If the Diagnostics report was from you then it seems there were some issues with shutdown and startup.

Yes, report came from me :wink:

Hi,
I identify an encoding char issue.
I’m using French language, and “accents” are not showed correctly on physical Button :

The chars are ok under web interface :

Could you implement a fix for that please ?
Thanks.

Button+ support page lists three issues related to these missing characters.
#71 m³ as units
#106 Unsupported character in Label
#121 Scandinavian/umlaut characters do not display

The font in the firmware on Button+ is missing quite a number of characters. So we would need to wait Button+ for a fix.

2 Likes