Bluetooth devices are dropped daily (v13.4.0)

The last week all my bluetooth devices are uncontrollable after some time. plejd dimmers and an airthing device. No system changes and the devices have been working fine for over a year.

A homey reboot resolves the problem and everything works for a day. Now I have to do daily reboots since 13.4.0.

Only my system or is anyone else having ble issues lately?

13.4.0 introduced many BLE changes, which suggests that somewhere in there is the cause for your issues. You should report it to Athom using the support site.

Do you have also Bridge acting as Satelitte ? I can observe in this setup something similar but depends if you use it or not. Otherise naturally support is the way, as Robert suggested.

yes, support contacted.

no bridge.

One of the devices are battery powered, changed battery and now it’s been stable for a day.

Maybe, the communication with other ble devices was stalled by a faulty communication with another, low battery, device.

still BLE issues after the last fw update,

I will try another power supply, to see if things are improved. Only bluetooth affected and everything else works fine including a large z-wave network.

I can confirm that this happens to my Airthing wave devices as well. They will work for a day then they will disconnect and a Homey reboot is required for them to connect.

They have been working flawlessly for months and recently (1-2 week ago?) this issue occurred.

New power supply did not work either.

Now testing to move the homey physically a meter to see if any radio interference is for some reason is suddenly the issue. However, in “homey developer tools” it looks like the Bluetooth radio is disabled completely when this happens and devices lose communication. The reboot kicks the BLE radio alive again, for some time.

I’m sure the latest 13.4.0 updates to BLE is the cause of this.

No response, so far, from the support team after my diagnosis reports were submitted.

I submitted a support ticket about this at Homey today.

Same problem with my Homey Pro. I use Aranet4 sensors, and they all worked great in previous months. At the beginning of August (when 13.4.0 was released) I started to face a problem with them being disconnected for most of a day.

Is the Homey team aware of that issue? I’ve checked 13.4.1 rcs relase notes and they don’t say anything about ble fixes coming.

yes, the issue is reported and it is in the development backlog to fix this, if possible.

That’s good news, thanks.

However, do we have some eta for that fix? It should be quite highly prioritized I believe.

I did not get the impression it was very highly prioritized atm.

Please report your issues to support. If this is a problem for more users it will have a higher probability to be fixed sooner.

No ETA unfortunately…however daily Homey restart shall help you, or ?

Probably not, it doesn’t seem that connection keeps working for the whole day. It lasts few hours at most

Got a simular problem, with my switchbot curtain and switchbot temp/humidity.

I can delete en re-add them, but can’t use or control them.

Rebooting HP2023 did not work. Sometimes the curtain robots do work after reboot, but stopping just after a few minutes.

Also logged a support ticket.

You might want to report this also in the dedicated SwitchBot topic: [APP][Cloud & Pro] SwitchBot (Release 2.0.76, Test 2.0.85)

I saw other reports there and your’s might help the developer further investigate the issue.

@Adrian_Rockall: FYI

Same failure class here (Fresh Intellivent Sky, SDK3 app, HP2023): after the peripheral drops the session, Homey can never reconnect until a full reboot — app restart doesn’t help, and a Linux/BlueZ central connects to the same device instantly the whole time, so it’s not the peripheral. Confirmed still present on 13.4.1. I’ve filed it with full measured timelines and repro steps: ManagerBLE permanently unable to reconnect to a peripheral after a peripheral-initiated disconnect — only a full Homey reboot recovers (13.4.0 and 13.4.1) · Issue #454 · athombv/homey-apps-sdk-issues · GitHub — please :+1: it and add your device types.

I appreciate the work that went into the BLE changes in 13.4.0, but at this point could Athom simply consider rolling those changes back?

BLE now appears to be broadly broken rather than affected by a single device or setup. Aranet4 sensors stop updating, manual connections from Developer Tools time out, and other BLE devices have become extremely unreliable as well.

Given how long this has been going on, and that there still does not seem to be a clear fix, reverting the 13.4.0 BLE changes until the root cause is understood would honestly seem preferable to leaving BLE effectively unusable for affected users.

Didn’t v13.4.1 fixed the issue for you? It has for me!

It didn’t. The changelog also shows zero ble-related changes in 13.4.1.