I was wondering before I purchase 2 of these wifi modules if anyone here can give me an estimate of the chance this will work with homey or via google home and then homey or if this has no chance at all of working.
I got 2 AUX AC units delivered today and had the same question the moment they got delivered. After a quick scouting over the internet i discovered that the AUX AC units work through the Tuya protocol and can be operated through the tuya cloud app in homey.
Not yet tested it myself, but will install the AC units soon and will then test it.
Haven’t seen any integration that works with Homey… yet. Would be great though as I have several Aux split units and would love to link them with Homey.
I’ll be spending some evenings building a Homey app for the AUX AC Freedom units. As mentioned above, it’s built on the Broadlink SDK rather than Tuya/Smart Life, so it needs its own driver rather than piggybacking on the Tuya app.
No promises on a timeline since it’s a spare-time project, but I’ll post updates here as I make progress. If anyone has technical info that could help (packet captures, API details, device model numbers, etc.) feel free to share.
If you’d like to support the effort, I’m open to donations — will share details once there’s something working to show for it.
I have an AUX Q-Smart Plus AC (WiFi module directly built in, controlled via the AC Freedom app). I installed the Homey app and tried to log in with the same email/password I use in AC Freedom app, but I get the following error:
/app/auth/login/pwd returned an error:
{“code”:60009,“message”:“Incorrect account or password”}
A few details that might be relevant:
Login works fine directly in the AC Freedom app with the exact same credentials
My account was created with email + password (not Apple/Google/social login)
Data Cloud region shown in the AC Freedom “Device info” screen is “Europe”
I’m based in Slovakia, so possibly a different regional endpoint than NL/BE accounts?
I should probably clarify this in the app description: I’m currently using the AUX Home app, not the AC Freedom app. The login/API I implemented is therefore based on the AUX Home platform, so AC Freedom accounts are currently not supported.
I’ll look into whether I can also support the BroadLink/AC Freedom devices and investigate the regional endpoint differences. I’ll work on this coming week and update the app if I’m able to get it working.
Thanks for reporting this and for the useful details!
I also have the AC Freedom app. I did know there was an aux app, also not sure if the unit I listed in the start post is supported by that app.
At any rate, one feature that is in the AC Freedom app, that is not availble via google home is the “mute” setting. It’s amazing, you turn on AC, set it to mute and it is really quiet (i can sleep next to it without problems) and it still has enough power to cool the room.
Hopefully you can manage to get AC Freedom compatibility, if I had the time I would probably vibecode something myself