Aren't there airconditioning (airco or AC) devices/apps in Homey?

Something seems to be changing, @Martijn_Hoogenbosch
There are updates in the iOS and Android app stores with the following changelog:

And once that app is opened there’s a new option “Link with Homey” in the settings:

Sorry for the Dutch content, but is says you first have to install the Homey app (which I haven’t found yet), and add a device. Then you are asked for the PIN code mentioned.

So, something is coming! :slight_smile:

Yes I saw it too, unfortunately there is no app in the store yet, but absolutely looking forward to it, maybe not I can expand my duux collection :joy:

1 Like

I have a split air conditioner from Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. The WiFi module was too expensive for me. Since I already have a Switchbot + hub, I was able to teach in the remote control. It works very well, Homey can now control the air conditioning. The Switchbot can do a lot more. Perhaps it is worth taking a closer look at the device.

Nice, nice, nice. Just bought last summer three Duux ventilators. Now i only have to think of a helpful flow for it😊

1 Like

Paul, thanks for the tip, I also added the IP addresses of the Mitsubishi WIFI modules as reservations in my DHCP server. After that the devices could be added easily in Homey.

The Duux app for Homey is here!

Discussing the new app can be done here:

1 Like

Hello Wim,

last year you posted a topic to command your Mitsubishi Heavy Industries airco with Homey.
Also got a MHI airco with the Airconwithme wifi module.
How do i use the information on the Github link you posted?
Do i have to copy al the data from the parts and paste it into a new script?

I hope you can help me with this and thank you!

Greetings Remon

Hallo Remon,

Ik doe dit ook niet dagelijks, maar: Allereerst moet je naar Github gaan. Met de groene knop kun je het bestand downloaden.

Daarna moet je hier op het forum even zoeken naar CLI installatie methode.

Er staat ergens een uitgebreide beschrijving. Daarmee installeer je de app vanuit github.

Het bestand com.intesis.acwm-master is een map.

In die map staan een aantal losse bestandjes, die je met node.js (CLI method) op jouw homey kunt installeren.

Daarna zou je de app Intesis Airconwithme by Ramon Baas tussen het rijtje apps op de homey moeten kunnen zien.

Succes !

Groet, Wim

1 Like

If you could please keep the conversation in English as much as possible, then more people will be able to participate and help you. If you would rather not or can’t communicate in English then please check out Non-English boards/catregories:
https://community.homey.app/c/non-english

Thank you Wim!

I’ll try that.

Have a nice day.

Greetings,

Remon

Hello Wim.

I did it, now i can use my airco with Homey.
Thanks for the help!

Tnx for this! Just got my Airco installed today (second is up for next week) and this apps works out of the box. Great find!

Hi All, i am at the stage of buying an AC. I would love some advice from the homey com. Important for us. Quiet (for the neighbors and in the house) not to ugly unit for inside the house and of course working with homey!! Any suggestions?

I use a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries air conditioner (outdoor SRC50ZM-S) (indoor SRK50ZM-S). The outdoor unit is so strong that up to 3 indoor units can be connected. It is very quiet even at maximum power. The indoor units are controlled via a Switchbot Hub, which can learn all the commands from the remote control and sends all functions to Homey for control.

I’ve got two Mitsubishi Heavy Industries too. I’ve got them equipped with Airconwithme modules. The outdoor units, I don’t know if they make a loud noise since we don’t have neighbors close by. But indoors they are very quiet and installed yesterday the CLI app which seems to work great.

Inside unit is a SRK25ZS-W for my home office, downstairs is a bigger unit. For the outdoor unit there is 56dB noise level prognose, inside 50dB. The one in my home office is 2.5KW , the one in for my first floor is 5KW.

Also got a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries AC. It’s a split airco unit, same as Martijn.
The unit indoor is very quiet, outdoor no issues with the neighbours.

1 Like

I have 2 Daikin Perfera indoor units(FTXM35R and FTXM20R )with one outdoor splitunit(2MXM40N)
Both indoor and outdoor unit are very very quit(max 60DBA)
The indoor units are equipped with a intergrated wifi board that connects to the daikin cloud.
Homey App is under development. Waiting for daikin to configure some technical stuff in the daikin cloud.

1 Like

Helpfull info. Thanks a lot all

1 Like

We have AC installed a couple of days ago. 2 Panasonic units with Nanoex. I already had a look at Sensibo as a connection between Homey and Panasonic but there is an app ‘Panasonic Cloud Comfort’ so i fortunately do not need to buy a Sensibo device.

I have created some flows but since the weather is a bit crappy these days i have to be patient. I already noticed the Panasonic temperature (actual room temperature) doesn’t update a lot so i’ve installed a Aqara temperature sensor to smoothen the temperature control for that room (for switching the AC unit ON and OFF). The app has a lot of features where you can control the fan position (up/down, sideways and speed) with the logic cards.

We have tried to make de WIFI unit work though Homey using the github file for the MHI. Through homey we can create a new device “Intesis Airconwithme” and change the login settings but when trying to connect with the Intesis Wifi device we get the following response:

─────────────── Logging stdout & stderr ───────────────
2021-10-19 12:30:26 [log] [IntensisACWMApp] IntensisACWMApp is running…
2021-10-19 12:30:26 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [MH-AC-WIFI-1] MHACWIFI1_Driver has been inited
2021-10-19 12:30:27 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [MH-AC-WIFI-1] Pairing started
2021-10-19 12:30:37 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [MH-AC-WIFI-1] Pairing started
2021-10-19 12:30:46 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [MH-AC-WIFI-1] Checking { ip: ‘192.168.1.37’, username: ‘admin’, password: ‘admin’ }
2021-10-19 12:30:49 [err] [ManagerDrivers] [MH-AC-WIFI-1] Error: connect EHOSTUNREACH 192.168.1.37:80
at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1137:16) {
errno: ‘EHOSTUNREACH’,
code: ‘EHOSTUNREACH’,
syscall: ‘connect’,
address: ‘192.168.1.37’,
port: 80
}

What can we do to connect to the Wifi module and control it by Homey?

The wifi device is reachable through the webbrowser but somehow Homey can not connect to it