Airconditioners ThinQ1 and ThinQ2, which one do I have?

For the LG ThinQ app currenlty only Airconditioners ThinQ1 and ThinQ2 are supported. How do I figure out if my airco is one of these? I don’t have Homey Pro yet. I am still orienting if it is worth for me to buy one.

I have no airco and I assume that Homebridge is the app for LG.
This is something I found.

"To determine if your device is ThinQ1 or ThinQ2, you will need to turn on debug mode in Homebridge. Then look at the log from Homebridge. Search for “platformType” in that log and you will see something similar like this:

“platformType”:“thinq2”

I don’t have Homebridge

Doesn’t the mobile phone LG ThinQ app reveal any info about the AC?

Yes it does, but no word about ThinQ1 or ThinQ2

Can the supplier or shop help you out?
What if you enter the full model description to an internet search machine?
Or post it here, I can have a look for you.

Is there an LG owners forum somewhere you can use?

@Martin_Verbeek Do you have any idea how to discover whether an A/C uses ThinQ1 or ThinQ2 (when not owning a Homey yet)?

What’s the exact model?

Thank you Robert! I have a LG PC12ST and a LG PC09SK

If you can control them with the official LQ ThinQ app (the one from LG, not the Homey app) there a good chance they will work with Homey (I can’t find anything specific about these models, but they look quite recent).

Yes they are recent. I’ve ordered the Homey Pro to give it a try. I expect it to be delivered this afternoon. Looking forward to it. It looks very promising!

Yes, they both work with Homey. Nice!

3 Likes

Beste Theo Driessen,

Ik heb zelf ook de LG PC09SK en de homey pro 2023 maar ik krijg de airco niet toegevoegd. Heb al een account aangemaakt bij LG en ook via LG app via instellingen van homey pro het account ingevuld maar hij blijft aangeven dat hij mijn apparaat niet kan vinden. Dloe ik iets verkeerd moet ik nog iets indrukken op de afstandbediening. Graag hoor ik hoe u het voor elkaar heeft gekregen

Hoi @Rob_Van_de_kerkhof,

Kun je de airco al bedienen met de LG ThinQ app? Dat had ik al meteen gedaan toen de airco geïnstalleerd werd. Dit is dus gewoon de app van LG.

Op Homey Pro 2023 heb ik daarna de LG ThinQ app (LG ThinQ App voor Homey | Homey) van @Martin_Verbeek geïnstalleerd. En volgens mij wees het zich daarna gewoon vanzelf. Met inloggen en apparaat toevoegen.

Succes! Ik hoop dat het je lukt want het werkt echt heel goed. Ik ben er erg blij me.

1 Like