[APP][Pro] Archive Insights - export all your Insights data to a NAS, FTP or web folder

I’m trying to configure my Archive Insights, but can’t… I tried NAS, WebDAV and FTP which work good with a browser.

Here what results from NAS:
2020-04-13 21:05:59 [log] [App] connect ETIMEDOUT 192.168.1.10:445
2020-04-13 21:04:32 [log] [App] testing SMB settings from frontend

And here from FTP:
2020-04-13 18:53:39 [log] [App] Error: Timeout (control socket) at Socket.socket.once (/node_modules/basic-ftp/dist/FtpContext.js:310:58) at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:313:30) at emitNone (events.js:106:13) at Socket.emit (events.js:208:7) at Socket._onTimeout (net.js:422:8) at ontimeout (timers.js:498:11) at tryOnTimeout (timers.js:323:5) at Timer.listOnTimeout (timers.js:290:5)
2020-04-13 18:53:09 [log] [App] testing FTP settings from frontend

Please, can you help me with any clues?
Thank you…

New app version 2.6.0 will soon be released. It has major stability improvements and a workaround for handling corrupt insights data.

You can already get it as test version:

• Packages update.
  • athom-api@3.2.3.
  • webdav@3.3.0.
  • basic-ftp@4.5.4.
  • marsaud/smb2@0.16.0
  • archiver@4.0.1.
  • Fix crash on corrupt Insights data.

I am trying to export to a network drive on my NAS (DS218+). Connection set-up seems to work as i do see the ìnsights2.csv`file appear but when I explicitly export from the app menu, the logging seems to say that the files were zipped and exported but I dont see them appear on the drive.

did you switch on the ‘use smb on export’ ?

Cool, that did the trick. I thought I read somewhere that it wasnt fully clear what this actually does so didnt pay attention anymore. What does it actually do?

You can have the export go to different channels simultaneously. SMB (=windows networking that most NAS do) is only one of 3 options. WebDAV and FTP are the other options.

So you have to select which options you want to use during an export. If you select none, the app will go through all the moves (zipping and all), but it will not upload it anywhere.

is this app ready for Homey V5.0 ?

YES IT IS :partying_face:

1 Like

:white_check_mark:

(I’ve made a list with all my installed apps whether they’re ready, so this one can be checked)

1 Like

A new version 2.6.1 is pending approval by Athom in the app store.

What’s new:

• Packages update. athom-api@3.2.13. basic-ftp@4.6.2 archiver@4.0.2

Hi @Gruijter,

What is the status with:

Is there any plan to implement something like this?

Thanks,
Dirk

No, I will not implement this. It is just way too much work. You can filter the data in excel if you want.

1 Like

What a pity… :confused:

Well,I might be wrong, but I dont see an issue with the export taking up a few more minutes and some more MB. Time and data space are not that scarce, or am I missing something?

2 Likes

I only need the data from 2 or 3 devices and not from the 12 devices I have running within the app.
Furthermore I currently only use the internal memory of my Fritz-Box (ca. 300 MB). Why should I buy a 500 GB (or larger) external hard disk when it would be possible in another way.

A selection of data for only certain devices would have been a nice option. But I can handle the current solution as well. So everything is fine for me… :+1:t4:

1 Like

New version 2.7.0 coming up. All about packages update which usually fix minor bugs and improves stability:

• athom-api@3.2.14
  • webdav@3.6.1
  • basic-ftp@4.6.3
  • @marsaud/smb2@0.17.2
  • archiver@5.1.0

get the test version here:

3 Likes

Thanks @Gruijter for this amazing app!

Just a question to all in this topic, do you have examples or suggestions on how to easily visualize this data in excel or any dashboard?

1 Like

I just published a new version v2.7.1:

• Packages update. athom-api@3.2.18 webdav@3.6.2 archiver@5.2.0

It will be available as stable version once Athom gives the ok.

2 Likes

I’m experiencing some problems logging in to both SMB and SFTP :frowning:

On SMB it will thrown an error directly if I enter the wrong credentials. But if I use the correct credentials and test, it will just return a message saying “Error” after a while. Assuming it is some kind of Timeout, but nothing is shown in the log…

On SFTP I always seem to get the “Error”, no matter if I use correct credentials or not, but at least a “Timeout error” shows up in the log.
I notice that the log says something about being connected (No Encryption) is this part of my problem?

I have tested 2 different SMB servers (both Macs), and 2 different SFTP servers, 1 internally on my network, and another one out in the wild open.
I have tested both IP and fqdn for all connections, and I am able to access these servers from my MacBooks.

What can I possibly be doing wrong here?

@Gruijter - Any chance you can take a look at my issue reported last week?
I really need to make this work, so I can preserve my history while reseting my Zigbee network :woozy_face: