Aqara Zigbee sensors

I found another solution which solved it (for now) and is well within my capabilities.

('Cus as I said before: Tthe Sonoff USB stick solution (which apparently means setting up an MQTTBroker/sever-thingy…) That’s WAY out of my league…

My Solution:

I had already Set-up My Old HP2019 as a satellite of my new HP2023. Cus I use the speaker and Led-Ring to communicate Home-scenes and Home status with me. Big thank you to @Arie_J_Godschalk for making this possible ([APP][Pro] Homesh Controller & Homesh Satellite - Connect Homey Pro 2023 to Homey Pro for Led, Speaker, Zwave(satellite) and network resource).

Since I had no trouble with Aqara on my HP2019 I decided to try out if my old Trusted Homey2019 might serve me as a sort of Zigbee Coordinator…

So Yesterday I spend an hour or so adding deleting all my Aqara devices from HP2023 and added them to my old Homey Pro 2019

Then for each Aqara-sensor on the HP2019, I created an equal ‘shadow’ virtual-sensor on HP2023

With a nice advanced flow I relay the actual contact/motion sensor-statusses to the virtual devices in HP2023… It’s like quantum-reality… When A aqara-sensor’s status flips in HP2019, automatically the virtual sensor in HP2023 flips along with it.

Now all my flows on HP2023 are working again; e.g. when I open the back door, the lights in the Yard turn on So I don’t break my Neck…

So far the Aqara’s keep their connection with HP2019…

It’s a weird work-around, I know but it works!! :grinning:

4 Likes