[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

I have multiple (10?) and except of Xiaomi temperature sensor, they are pretty reliable (even the Xiaomi ones just have longer refresh rate from time to time). Check Developer interface for ZigBee part and probably you will need to rebuild your Zigbee network (ensure you have enough routers and add them among first). And always ensure you have fresh batteries on those sensors (even if re-adding works for while).

Is there anyone that knows how to add new devices to an app like this ?
what information is needed , where is it found etc etc ?

Yes. Here too.
I don’t get how it works. Some angles work and others don’t.

I don’t have any use for it the way it works now.

Not sure if it’s as designed or an issue in the app or the sensor.

1 Like

@TedTolboom any news about the fp1 sensor ?

I’m afraid you just need to be patient. It’s not in the test version of the app yet, and I would be surprised if it was, ref. the last post by app author TedTolboom about the roadmap. But when the FP1 is implemented, I’m sure it will be awesome! :smiley:

Does anyone experience some issues with aqara products since a few weeks? My sensors are responding but don’t trigger my flows.

Doorsensors work but don’t trigger flows
Also motionsensors seem to fail at triggering my flows

Tried restarting, power off the homey. Also restart the aqara app.

I can try to re-add the sensors maybe that helps?

I’ve just released v1.5.0 to the app store, waiting for Athom’s review and release.

This version includes adding support for the Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1, battery reporting optimizations and updated device naming conventions.

v1.5.0 can be installed at this moment through the test environment of the app store

19 Likes

Thx for the update, @TedTolboom
Great to see you’re back!

Installed the testversion and everything seems to be working fine (got no roller shades).

3 Likes

Im crazy about this device, and cant wait for it to be supported. The functionality through the aqara app/hub seems amazing as you can set zones within one sensor!

Does anyone @TedTolboom know if this device will be supported, it has to go through the hub in order to use these functionalities or wil the homey aqara app be enough (guess it would be hard to configure the zones then.

I will soon be ordering some (either with or without the hub)

installed it and will add the E1 roller when i am back home later today :slight_smile:
many thanks for all your hard work !!

Thanks Ted!

I’ve installed the test app and confirmed that my rollers are working perfectly.

I had been using the Aqara hub and after the reset it’s kept the blind open/closed levels I had set with the Aqara hub.

Battery is reporting correctly as well. It’s looking good!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback.
Indeed setpoints and curtain direction are kept transfering between controller (or after re-adding to Homey). For that reason, at first inclusion the corresponding parameters should be read and stored.

For now, executing the calibration should be done manually per the steps described in the manual. I am checking if it is possible to add a guided manual calibration from the Homey app.

1 Like

@TedTolboom you don’t happen to have any assistance with this, been stuck a while:

Hi,

I have bought the Aqara Wireless Wall Switch E1, but it won’t connect to Homey…
Homey adds it as a unknown Zigbee device with product ID “lumi.remote.acn003”

Any idea how I can connect it to Homey?

Thanks in advance!
Kind regards,
Harmen

Clearly Homey with it’s community developers who put so much love and effort in is not for you.
And clearly; Ted put a LOT more love and effort in than you:

I suggest to sell your Homey and switch to Telldus.
Bye! :wave:

2 Likes

And maybe it will never come this year, you never know. BUT - I guess if there would be better candidate then TED, I think someone would already have submitted pull request on GitHub and guess what … nobody did that. But you can always donate and you never know - maybe it will change the priorities and speed of community developer, maybe not… but please, don’t troll.

Btw, aside of this E1, I see someone posted Add power outage memory to settings for MAEU01 , which some users might be interested about.

1 Like

Great Ted with an update! Happy to see your alive :slight_smile:
Keep up the good work and hope you have more time the coming weeks for more updates, keep it up!

2 Likes

Hello Ted thanks for the good work :muscle:

The Roller shade driver E1 i have seen is added.

Will the Aqara curtain Driver E1 also be added??

Greetz

Following previous expressed statements in this topic (expectation management):

In the priority setting of adding new Aqara devices I will focus on main stream Aqara devices in the EU sales area (main focus area of Homey) first.

Consequently the focus will be to integrate support for below devices first (parallel to bug fixing and minor feature implementations):

• Roller Shade Driver E1 (released in v1.5.0)
  • Smart Roller Shade Controller (WIP, similar to Roller Shade Driver E1)
  • Motion Sensor P1
  • Curtain driver E1
  • Radiator Thermostat E1

Off course I will take into account popular devices available outside the EU sales area (e.g. FP1 sensor) for the next integration steps.

Please note that the total Aqara portolio, as shown on the Chinese version of the site, is growing rapidly (300+ SKU’s).
Where some series of devices are exclusively available in China only.

I fully recognize that not everyone will agree to this order of adding device support, but I try to be transparent to manage everyone’s expectations.

22 Likes

Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1 does not stop. It keeps rolling.
It is impossible to go to a surtain position.