[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Hi Robert,

I Did a reset and everything is working now.

Yes - you can select channel on Homey Developer Tools, Iā€™m looking for someone who already tested that :wink:

obrazek obrazek

You can find some experiences posted on the forum: https://community.homey.app/search?q=changed%20zigbee%20channel%20order%3Alatest

1 Like

I did a Zigbee reset on V5 firmware and as a result Homey changed the channel from 11 to 14. Maybe that is a new default, maybe it scanned to see which was best, I do not know. What I do know is that all devices including Aqara stuff that used to need to pair next to Homey and took ages to pair now pairs in a second, in itā€™s rightful place. But also there, no clue what is owed to the new firmware and what to the new channel. I own Hue, Innr, Aqara and one Tuya, all worked. Come to think of it: the one Tuya didnā€™t work before, was in constant pairing mode and connected first. Maybe that was on channel 14 to begin with?

1 Like

Zigbee devices have to scan all channels during pairing, because they donā€™t know which channel the controller is using. Itā€™s more likely your network was experiencing a lot of interference (perhaps from WiFi).

The 2.4 GHz wifi band here is a mess, at some channels Wifi is pretty much unusable, so that is a fact. Wish Homey itself supported 5 GHz or, even better, wired through USB dongle. Already put in a request for that.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just released the v1.2.0 version of the app to the test environment of the app store: https://homey.app/a/com.xiaomi-mi/test/

Main change: Add support for the Aqara T1 switches
SSM-U01 (with Neutral): onoff and support power measuring,
SSM-U02 (without Neutral): only onoff,

Both devices have settings to determine the switch type (toggle of momentary).
Enjoy!

7 Likes

No problem adding SSM-U01 but i get the message ā€œcould not initialize this Zigbee deviceā€ and the usual red triangle. 5.0.0-rc.48

hi @robertklep
I was able to add the smart socket plug in my Zigbee equipments (node 15).
My question: how do I move a device linked to Homey on the Smart Socket?
Thank you for help and answers

The Aqara devices are known for sticking to the router device they were initially paired with, so you probably have to remove them from Homey first and then re-add them. You still canā€™t force them to use the smart socket though, and to be honest, having only one other router device is still not great. You probably need to add another 4 or 5 router devices at least, otherwise you will still have plenty of sensors connecting to Homey directly.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting @gregory75. Should Is with the v1.2.1 update.
Since both devices are so similar, I finalized the implementation on the SSM-U0, where a typo prevented the initialization to complete on the SSM-U01.
Should now work without any additional actions, initialization should finalize after the app update.

Working now. Kind of :slight_smile: On/Off working, power reporting working. However, when i change things under the Advanced Settings and then i confirm them i get the ā€œMALFORMED_COMMANDā€. Iā€™m trying to change from Toggle Switch to No switch and power failure to yes.

This issue is originating from the power state settingā€¦ looking into it now

Hi all, I have my curtains set up. Adding the motors worked good. Only after an hour or so Iā€™m getting no response and a message Homey couldnā€™t wake up the device

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Thanks!

Hello Ted. Thanks for your work. please add aqara roller shade. :clap:

1 Like

Add routers to the network. I added an extra one and the connection was almost up al the time

@gregory75 it took 5 developers and several hours to find out there was a small error in one of the Zigbee node_modules, that is handling the boolean attributer. Error (finally) found. Iā€™m waiting for Athom to release an update which I can link to the app to resolve this issue; expected tomorrow.

Did you include the Aqara B1 with the power adapter connected or battery operated?

Thanks. Iā€™m finalizing the implementation of the current devices (add additional settings) first.
Then Iā€™ll add the roller shade. ok?

5 Likes

@TedTolboom Hi Ted, added them with the battery on it.

Can you try of the problem is resolved when adding the curtain controller with the poweradapter connected?

For one it did the job, however it closes completly but opens for the half lenght of the trackā€¦
The other motor had trouble adding to homey but finaly it made the connection. But getting a timeout message again.