[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Now I’m getting the “can not wake up battery device” again on both motors.

We saw in the homey-app and above there were several updates of this app. We have homey-version 5.0.0-r 48 and the Aqara App version 1.2.1. Since the last update of Aqara, every zigbee-device stopped working and in the homey under settings -> zigbee there is an error: manager.zigbee.controller_start_failed_watch_dog probeer homey opnieuw op te starten.

We rebooted homey several times. It didn’t help. In Homey Developer we get the message ‘network error’. Nothing is working anymore. Any suggestions what to do?

Can’t imagine a app is responsible for this, but did you try a ptp? Leaving the homey about 11 minutes power less.

@Heleen I don’t see a reason why the app (update) could trigger this error; but have asked Athom for clarification.

The recommended Pull the Plug as advised by @Martijn_Hoogenbosch is a step to try

Thank you for the quick respons.

We tried the ptp, but unfortunately it didn’t got the desired result. All Aqara switches and sensors are not reachable as well as other ZigBee devices. It happened since the last Aqara-update. It might be a coincidence or not.

@Heleen just received feedback from Athom development. This is the “last” remaining issue within the experimental v5 release Athom is looking into to get resolved.

Can you contact Athom support directly on this issue?

They’ll provide the support to resolve the issue you’re experiencing and collect additional data to determine the root cause to finally fix this issue for all users.

3 Likes

@TedTolboom thanks for the info. We submitted ticket number 26832. We’re looking forward hearing from support. I’ll update if I have more info.

Thanks, I’ve pushed the ticket number to Athom development as well.

1 Like

Hi Ted, this has nothing to do with my problem am I right? Any tips I can do?

hi,
Recently my xiaomi/aqara lightsensor broke down. Replaced it and now can not get it recognised by the app. Keeps getting coupled als simple zigbee device. Tried numerous things like moving it closer to the homey, further away, PTP for 15 min, restarting the Aqara app …
Nothing helps. I’ve got version 0.8.0 of the Aqara&Xiaomi Zigbee - app. My Homey runs 4.2.0 app version 6.2.0.652.
Got13 Zigbee devices coupled with the lightsensor as unknown device. Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Pls keep the conversation bere in English.
I do not know what other apps you are using, but I can really recommend Homey v5 lately. Zigbee has really improved a lot!
All my Aqara’s are working flawlessly too.

But: be aware that v5 is still a release candidate, so make sure you are fully informed before you choose to update.

well, for now i’m not so keen on switching to V5. I’m hoping on a solution in V4.

I think there will be not much development anymore for v4.
And a lot of Zigbee problems are ready fixed in v5, so the solution is (in some way) already there… :slight_smile:

1 Like

@TedTolboom do you have a solution for this error?

“Apparaat op batterijen reageert niet, maak het apparaat wakker voor communicatie.”

Any tips for adding the motor correctly? With or without the battery attached?
Thanks for your help sofar!

@Dominique_Dalle I understand and respect the hesitation to go to v5.
Unfortunately, even if I would be able to create a fix to this problem, I am not able to release any updates to Homey v4.2 app, while having a Homey v5 app in the App Store. This is caused by a limitation of Homey’s App Store, and although I tried, I can’t convince Athom to solve it.

I will have to look into this one and try if I can reproduce it at home. Can you send me a diagnostics log with your username mentioned in the comments?

Are we ready to include this? Aqara panel S1. :scream::exploding_head::innocent:

It looks like it’s a controller device.

Nope, and you can’t buy it anymore.
(for the moment?)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001739461627.html?af=3840243_1&utm_campaign=3840243_1&aff_platform=portals-tool&utm_medium=cpa&afref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com&cn=45qlsrvhv8hxzbw5bt59yyfilgzafhjt&dp=v5_45qlsrvhv8hxzbw5bt59yyfilgzafhjt&cv=39474119&product_id=1005001739461627&_ga=2.14690673.692092402.1605420433-1429394957.1604416959&sk=_esJfNi&aff_trace_key=b743b21afed64ae3853bbcf56ed8f23a-1608735005477-03937-_esJfNi&terminal_id=2078281126014243bbef98f78fadacad&utm_source=epn&utm_content=39474119

1 Like

Thank you Ted!

Here is the report link:

3a0076b6-f151-4bd5-83ec-f774a6462ca7

@TedTolboom Changing the Switch type it works on RC49. But when i try to change “restore state after power failure” i’m getting … wait for it…“MALFORMED_COMMAND”
I really hope that it doesn’t take another 5 developers (or the same 5 for that matter) to find the rest of the error :slight_smile:
There is no rush whatsoever, i can live it with it for now.
Merry Xmas.