Aqara sensors stopped working?

Did you inform support.athom.com?
Are the batteries holding 3Volts?
Did you try this?
Zigbee network not acception any more devices? - #13 by tb1962

Did you read the tips an trick in this topic?

The sensors are just a few months old and batteries are showing to be over 90%. When I deleted them from Homey and readded they work fine, so can’t see the batteries beeing the problem ?

Well, lots of problems disappeared by placing a decent battery. You’ll have to test them with a multimeter. Apps are reporting the battery level, and that’s not always very realistic.
I don’t get it why you just don’t try…

I can try, it’s just replacing costly battery on multiple sensors was not what I hoped, but if it works it’s worth it :slight_smile:

Start with 1 device :wink:

Measuring a battery outside a device does not make sense. It is possible that the multimeter shows 3 V, but when the battery is under load the electrical voltage drops significantly.
The voltage of the battery must be measured under load, theoretically when the sensor sends data to Homey.

There are special multimeters that simulate this situation. However, the adjustable loads are usually not suitable for such sensors.
But with electrical resistors you can build a test setup yourself. However, in order to get the correct measurement result, you need to know the electrical current (mA) that is generated while the sensor is awake and sent data. With this information you are able to make the right choice of electrical resistors, which are has to be connected in parallel to the measuring tips

I read somewhere that Z-Wave sensors powered by ER14250 (3,6 V) batteries have an electrical current of about 30-35 mA when they are awake and sent data. but I do not know if this is correct.

Attention!!!
The battery may only be measured for a short time under these conditions. When measuring the battery with an electrical resistor connected in parallel, the battery will be short-circuited.

1 Like

Thanks, very useful info, Dirk.

Short cicuit is only when the resistance is zero ohms.

1 Like

You’re absolut right. Corrected it in the post.

1 Like

Can we please stop the whole battery and wifi interference discussion… that is not the case. I contacted Athom and after sending my information etc they told me it is an app/hardware related issue and they could not be off any assistance.

Quote:
Thank you for your detailed response!
Strange that the other devices still work.

I looked in your log and I see that there is no longer a connection between the device, but no cause.

Since it only occurs with Aqara products, it may also be due to the app.

Unfortunately this app is not developed by us so I can’t see the applog.

Would you like to contact this community developer and inform him about these issues?

End Quote.

So I think we are in an situation here that a solution is difficult to find

I also have Tuya devices, Innr plugs, OSRAM plugs and they all share the same ZigBee mesh and they are all without any problems

Are you running the latest test version of the Aqara app already? Also, you’re aware that the combination of OSRAM and Aqara is known to not work well? See Xiaomi & Aqara Devices - Pairing & Keeping them connected - Devices - Hubitat

@wesley_w
So you stop reading at the word battery?:no_mouth:

So, if it’s the app, why do other, same model Aqara sensors work without a hitch?

A possibility is a version issue. The same type of sensor running with different firmware can cause it not working properly.

Maybe an zigbee interview with a “good” and a “bad” sensor can reveal differences? Just a shot in the dark it is.

To perhaps reduce the mythical proportions of my app’s magic… :wink:
For the sensors, the only active (two-way) communication with the sensors happens during inclusion when the communication routes (links between client and server clusters) and reporting configuration (timing and threshold) are being set.

After that, the device driver is only listening (!) to the sensor attribute reports as received by Homey and parsing (converting the reported data to the capability units) the reported data to the defined capability.

If that is done correctly in the first minute or day, it will be done correctly after 100 days.

A Zigbee sensor from which the data is no longer being updated, especially when having similar devices that still report correctly, is pointing towards an issue within the Zigbee mesh / core.

I don’t like ping-ponging user issues; so I will reach out to Athom support and development to resolve.

7 Likes

I meant it can’t be the app, Ted

Thanks Ted for stepping in and explaining. I hope somehow this can or will be resolved.

For me, the weird thing is that 2 out of the 6 pir sensors hardly work. They still report “movement”, but only in iike 10% of the time. Although movement is hardly being reported, the light reports from the pir sensors still get regularly updated. My other ensors work like 80% of the time (for movement), but are (much) less reliable than they used to be.

All this was first noticed around the 6.0 firmware update, but I’m not 100% sure if it was right after, or a few days (maybe even weeks) after the 6.0 update.

Since I saw the battery discussion, I ordered a set of batteries just to rule out the fact that it’s a battery issue. Haven’t received them yet so will give an update when I tried that.

When I will move to a deconz setup mostly all my devices can migrate. I also have some Tuya Zigbee devices that are not supported. So these devices are not part of the new mesh and will have range issues…

Like what? LIDL started selling Tuya-based Zigbee devices a few months ago, and they got added to deCONZ very quickly.

Oh ok also the 4 gang wall switch

The switch might already be supported: Tuya Zigbee 4 gang · Issue #4012 · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin · GitHub (but there appear to be some issues with it).

Did you search for manufacturer and model id in the deCONZ github repository? And like Homey, you can always post an issue with all relevant information of your devices to get them added.

So… I’m still uncertain as what to do with my random Aqara sensors that stop working. Last news is parts of my network gear got fried in a thunderstorm, so I have to setup my whole mesh network from scratch again. I’m debating as to if I should just Reset my whole Homey setup and start from scratch there again. Don’t know if it will do any good, or just give me more to do. Any Thoughts ?