[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

We have this problem the last update saterday have a problem All Shelly dimmers have lost connection After the update how can we this fixen? We have homey restart we have homey Shelly app restart en no fixen

Could you please post a feature request in the GitHub repository. I’ll pick it up in the next release.

I added notification url functionality to the dimmer with the release before the current one. I looked at the code but don’t see anything that could cause this. Feel free to submit a diagnostic report from the app settings. Perhaps it tells me what is going on.

Hi, thanks for wonderful work!

I have tested around with the callback - thanks for adding callback to the other devices

Hear are my findings;

• 1pm now works correct

• 2.5 have some issues

• I can only add callback urls for channel 1. Setting callback urls for channel 2 overwrites the url for channel 1 with the urls for channel 2 in the unit.
  • dimmer - the maintenance action are there, and set callback function gives no error, but the dimmer don’t get any urls assigned in the devices. I have tried to firmware upgrade, remove from home and read but no success.

(For the 2.5 we can use a workaround - set urls for channel 2 first and manually copy them from channel 1 settings to channel 2, then set callback functions for channel 1 in homey. Tested and works nicely)

With best regards
/Stefan

issue with a Shelly 1. Removed it, because it was unreachable since 2 days, from Homey but I’m no longer able to include it.
Worked fine until a few days ago. Upgrade?
All other S1 are working fine, and all on same FW level. This S1 is from a later production batch.
I can see it in inclusion/add screen, but once I select it it’s gone.
The S1 works correct, can use it via shelly app and via switch.
See printscreens.

I just re-paired my own Shelly1 without much issues which is also on the latest firmware. I did need to start the pairing wizard a couple of times before Homey was able to discover my Shelly1 but other than that there was nothing special. The last couple of app updates did not touch the pairing process so I think it’s something in your configuration.

If you have the skills you could run the app from the command line and pair it from the developer tools. Any errors would show up in the command line console or browser console.

the discovery is not an issue, it’s discovered under 1 sec.
I see immediately the S1 as you can see in the first printscreen. When I click “volgende” I get an empty screen, and get a time out error (after 30000ms).
All other S1 work as expected, just this one is giving an error in Homey. In the shelly app it’s working normal too.
I will have a look at the CLI suggestion this evening.

v1.18.1 - 2020-03-30

• Fixed bugs with setting callback URL for various Shelly devices.
  • Added a reboot action card which reboots your Shelly.
1 Like

not sure what you mean with “run the app from the CLI”. Had a quick look at the link you provided and this is to install apps outside the Homey app store. App is working fine for all other Shelly devices.
Tried the pairing via the dev tools and returned error: network request failed, and Pair_session_failed.
checked network, double checked it, but cannot find any issue. especially since the S1 was working fine for 3 months now. But few days ago I setup a scene (door sensor activates S1), I did a FW upgrade (on all 18 Shelly devices), …, this S1 still works via Shelly app but no longer via Homey.

Running the app can be done using the tutorial I linked to and using the command homey app run. This will run the app from the command line instead of installing it. Doing it that way allows the app to spit out extra logging.

Something else to try is to restart the app and then try to pair again. And after it fails send a diagnostics report through the app settings. That might send me some info as well.

95aa4a7d-e98d-4418-be2e-4bc4cc21851b

Diagnostisch rapport RMA68, ivm s1 issue

[4] { FetchError: request to http://192.168.1.90/status failed, reason: connect EHOSTUNREACH 192.168.1.90:80
    at ClientRequest. (/node_modules/node-fetch/lib/index.js:1455:11)
    at emitOne (events.js:116:13)
    at ClientRequest.emit (events.js:211:7)
    at Socket.socketErrorListener (_http_client.js:401:9)
    at emitOne (events.js:116:13)
    at Socket.emit (events.js:211:7)
    at emitErrorNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:66:8)
    at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:139:11)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:181:9)
  message: 'request to http://192.168.1.90/status failed, reason: connect EHOSTUNREACH 192.168.1.90:80',
  type: 'system',
  errno: 'EHOSTUNREACH',
  code: 'EHOSTUNREACH' }

It says the Shelly is not reachable when retrieving the status during pairing. Appearantly the discovery is possible because it sends out mDNS messages but the internal webserver that returns requests for the API calls is not working. You could try to reboot you Shelly and you can also try to open the endpoint directly through the browser and see what happens: http://192.168.1.90/status

IP address (.90) is not correct!
I found 1 double IP addresses…
I probably have a an AP that is going rogue, it has the same IP as the S1. Although I have fix IP’s. I will investigate it tomorrow, I had a unforeseen power shutdown earlier this week. Thanks for the insight!

Thanks a lot for the new action, that was really fast! I’ll test it later this week as soon as I’ve installed the first shellys at my new house.

Thanks for the system log. Although the IP address .90 is not in use, and the device and router table give another IP address, it pointed me to the real issue. It was indeed an AP device that used the same IP address as the S1, even if I have fixed IP addresses… Probably a combi of an unexpected power outage earlier this week, and Shelly FW upgrades I did, and the access point flipped IP address(?).

Morning
Where is the dutch Shelly app topic we have restart homey and we have this problem see photo al the dimmers. Ist nog not again connected how can we this fixen? Thanks for you help

Have you assigned static IP addresses in your router for your Shelly devices. My guess is that their IP addresses changed. You can check this by comparing the IP address from the device settings with the IP address in your router.

all ip addresses are fixed to me in the router from installation