[App][Pro] Zone Memory - Save and Restore Device Configurations

Did you try to throttle the commands rate and see if the behaviour changes?

Yes I did. Same problem.

Well. Then your device might simply be not compatible with the method this app is using. There is not really anything I could do against that, except for what the app can do already.

All the devices I have tried are Philips Hue devices. Nothing special at all. What does the app work with, then?

well, it actually is confirmed to work with Hue. At least most Hue devices as far as I am aware. Perhaps other Hue users here can give you advice.

It works fine with my hue. But I have to set it with “Limit restored values to mode”

Hi. I think the problem with Philips hue is that i works in two modes light_color or light_temperature.

When it does it restoring, it restores it correctly ‘dim’ => ‘ligh_hue’ => ‘light_saturation’
but when it sets ‘light_temperature’ , the hue hub also changes ‘light_mode’ automatically from ‘color’ to ‘temperature’

This is by the design of the hue bridge.

So to restore color, you have to ignore ‘light_temperature’ and ‘light_mode’

It the app developer wold make a special hue adjustment, it would to check it the state of ‘light_mode’ first and only store relative values.

‘light_mode’ = ‘color’
store = ‘dim’, ‘light_hue’, ‘light_saturation’, ‘onoff’

light_mode = ‘temperature’
Store = ‘dim’, ‘light_temperature’, ‘onoff’

There is an option especially for that in the app already on the latest generation of restore cards. @GibStorm @b1ue3AGLE

The option you are looking for is “Light Handling”. Was introduced in v3.1.0

I am having a problem when saving a zone in advanced flows are there any known issues?

Hey @Jorge,

I am not aware of any issues, yet. But I also did not make use of the advanced flows much yet myself.
If you think you found a bug, please share me as much details on what you are trying to do. (you can do that via PM). I will try to reproduce the issue.

Is it possible to save/restore state of all devices of a certain type?

My case: I have some flows, for instance my “watch TV” and “TV off” flows. It would be excellent for me to save the state of the lights in my apartment when I turn on the TV, and then restore them when I turn it off. This would be a lot better than just assuming I want to run “all on” when the TV turns off. Higher WAF :wink:

Well, yes. There is a zone state save and restore card. But it requires you to have the devices assigned to a room/area in Homey.

Ah, cool! That might be just what I need, then :smiley: Thanks!

Consider using create and/or edit a text tag for this, especially if using Hue via Hub. If you want I will post examples.

Yes, please. Examples would be excellent! I’m not using Hue, but there are some Ikea devices (without the hub).

1 Like

The Logic is just “Set Text Variable to Text” Create the tag relevant to the scene for ease of remembering, that then triggers sends Homey flow along the wanted part of the Advanced Flow which commands Hue via Hue hub to activate the wanted scene. Zone Memory is a very handy app but, and I think this has been discussed elsewhere, there is a difficulty with Homey sending lots of commands to many devices at once. Something like that anyway.

FYI, Shakesbeard released Test version, compatible with latest Homey

Version 3.2.0 — Homey Pro 2023 compatibility release

:+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

It’s already in review and will be live soon™ too I hope :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just to be sure, since I’ve seen a few apps that were upgraded for HP23 but were advised not to install on older Homey’s:

Is this new version expected to be working on older Homey’s too?