[APP][Pro] Xiaomi Mi Home App

I just submitted another fix in v3.1.25

Strange, I’m basing the features off stuff I find on internet and there it said this model supports some of these features. The extra modes not being available I’m aware but that is not a problem. If it really does not support dry mode though that could result in the temperature and waterlevel not being updated as well. But lets first test v3.1.25.

Roborock S7 stopped working today, I belive it started after the last update. If I restart the app it works for about 10 seconds before it says device unavailable.

Nothing changed for this driver. It’s probably a miio protocol issue. What is the error shown on the device in Homey and send me a diagnostic report so I can confirm my suspicion.

Keeps switching between this screen and normal operation, has been working stable for a long time before this. Bug report 8df6ab02-c022-4c99-bb8b-997a3807187a

Will fix that in the next release.

1 Like

There’s a huge confusion over the naming of Xiaomi products as they sell different products with the same name, or the same products with different firmware / different features in China, USA and Europe. So I think it may not always be a good idea to make universal drivers. These humidifiers don’t support drying mode, nor do they support “target humidity” or “strong” mode. When selecting that missing functions, the app responds with an error message (unknown_error).

This time again, I could only pair one humidifier without errors, the driver could not identify the other one, although they are identical. After restarting the app I tried several times to add it, but failed (although this method worked once).

The water level data is incorrect (119%) and does not change, and there is no temperature data.

6fb83279-f6eb-49ae-9a1d-a9dd4dbaa1a1

Unfortunately I still can’t add my Mi Air Purifier 3H. It was working fine before the drivers got combined.

Is there anything I can do to help you troubleshoot?

It’s also not a good idea, or actually impossible, to create a driver for every variant out there. So yes, in some cases there will be features in these more universal driver that will not work for each model. It’s a compromise for being able to support much more models. But in your case the documentation I used might be wrong. Do you have any technical skills, it would be great if you could verify to what your device actually responds to but if requires some technical stuff.

Appearantly they are not identical or there is something else wrong (like network connectivity or it’s firmware). If it works for one it should work for the other. What is the error when you test it during pairing? What I also see according to the log is that you have a device with unknown model paired twice with different drivers. That’s asking for trouble. If the device is not returning the model it will not be identified correctly and will give issues. Paired multiple times could result in networking issues.

[log] 2023-04-18 18:19:44 [ManagerDrivers] [Driver:humidifier_leshow_humidifier_jsq1] [Device:2a9b2e4a-0409-487b-b8de-290596adb483] WiFi Device Init: Unknown model (undefined) with ip 192.168.0.103 and capabilities onoff,dim,humidifier_leshow_jsq1_mode,measure_humidity,measure_water and model null and store values
[log] 2023-04-18 18:20:51 [ManagerDrivers] [Driver:humidifier_zhimi_humidifier] [Device:04eff73e-7370-41e7-9d9d-a53881ffe6b6] WiFi Device Init: Unknown model (undefined) with ip 192.168.0.103 and capabilities onoff,measure_temperature,measure_humidity,dim,humidifier_zhimi_mode,measure_waterlevel and model null and store values

That’s probably something i can fix. Appearantly the range is something like 0 -128 instead of 0-100. Their implementation of things is so really weird.

Nothing changed in the pairing process. So the issue is probably not related to changes in the drivers. Perhaps something to try is to reset the device and obtain a new token

“127” would make more sense
i.e. 7bit :crazy_face:

Unfortunately I have no idea how to check the devices’ responses. That’s as far as I can get: when selecting non-implemented functions an “unknown_error” message is displayed, but no further consequences. I mean, it’s not really a problem. However, I’ve seen Homey apps crash when this happens.

They are identical devices with identical firmware. I couldn’t get the second humidifier to work, so as a last ditch effort I also removed the device in the MI Home App and then added it again. This gave me a new token, which finally got the device installed in Homey.

Hi @Phuturist . I bought second gateway Xiaomi Hub 2 and i moved some devices to this new one. Old gateway is on the second floor. Problem with devices on new
hub is that I can well add them to Homey but they are not catching the state from it. My motion sensor is active in Mi Home original app but in homey unfortunately not. Is it not supported? Thank you.

It’s never been tested and probably not supported. What is the model ID of this gateway?

NAME: Xiaomi Smart Home Hub 2
ID: 499140260
MAC:
IP:
TOKEN:
MODEL: lumi.gateway.mcn001

It’s not supported, see the supported devices list here: Supported Devices · jghaanstra/com.xiaomi-miio Wiki · GitHub (also linked to from the first post)

ah, thanks, sorry I didnt noticed. Is there any chance it might be supported in future, or I just give it away? thanks

Not sure if it’s even possible but without having the device myself it’s really hard to tell. I’ll add the model ID to the list of known models. If the API implementation is similar to the older gateways that might get it to work. If not, it will probably not be supported.

Hi @Phuturist , seems some apps are crashing on latest experimental version RC85… probably due to some DNS issue, Athom is investigating.
Just warning for others users.

In case you are able to find anything out - acbced7e-a91d-46bc-8c4e-e72dee7aab17

1 Like

I have also this problem

update RC87 is out now

1 Like