[APP][Pro] Xiaomi Mi Home App

I also have a Mi Air Purifier 3H that I would like to add to Homey.

1 Like

Is the S6 Pure also supported?

@Chris_nl
Read post #1ā€¦ :wink:

Itā€™s all in the 1st post, and a how to:

All the info you need and how to do a device request are written in post #1ā€¦

Ofcourse i saw this post :wink:
It states S6, and there are 3 versions of the S6 (S6, S6 Pure and S6 Max), so it is not clear to me if only the standard S6 is supported or also the other 2 versions of the S6 :stuck_out_tongue:

It also states that if you can find the token, it might work on unsupported devices (getting the token will be easy), big question is, does anyone have the S6 Pure running already?

ā€¦Just saw the S7 is released tomorrow, now Iā€™m in doubt againā€¦

Yes, I saw that. But this device has been requested multiple times in the thread already with the information needed. Do you know if this is in the pipeline?

Thanks for this app, looks really cool! I have one problem though, as soon as I add my Mi Fan (dmaker) the Xiaomi Homey app crashes. Token is generated by the Windows software and the Homey and Fan are in the same network subnet. When adding the device, it does say the device is connected successfully, but then stops functioning due to the crashed app. Does anyone else experience the same behavior?

@Yeebo Do you happen to have an Android?
The WebApp update of last monday caused crashes of Android apps. I had lots of crashes of the Homey app and samsung email app.
The (for now) solution is to remove all updates of the WebApp update.
How to:
Go to Settings >
select Apps >
select the 3 dots at the top >
select Show Systemapps >
find WebView >
select WebView >
select the 3 dots at the top >
Remove updates
Eventually reboot phone
Done

Thanks for the answer, but I am talking about the Homey app and not the Android app :slight_smile: Android app works fine

1 Like

It was a guess, and I couldnā€™t wait hehe

I experience the same thing when adding a Xiaomi Smartmi Fan 3 (ZhiMi). It connects successfully but when I try to control it the app crashes.

1 Like

@basvanderploeg
Which app? Xiaomi Mi app on Homey, or Homey app itself?

The Xiaomi Mi Home Homey app.

Before you restart the crashed app, go to the app settings, and tick ā€œCreate diagnostics reportā€. Put your name in the description field. Afterwards, copy the code which is presented.

Screenshot:

Then go to

(This link is mostly at the bottom of developer apps pages, otherwise use the forum link)

Screenshot:

When you are at the Github page, (create an account and then) create a new issue.
Describe as detailed as possible what happens, and what not, provide Homey firmware version and Xiaomi Mi app version
Now paste the code you copied earlier on.

Done. Unfortunately the developer doesnā€™t seem active.

I also mentioned @Phuturist on Slack, since he apparently implemented the fan support.

1 Like

Does any one know why there are 2 apps the Miio Based and Mi Homey isnā€™t it possible 2 get best of both worlds ?

One app for direct attached to Homey (Wifi)
One app for using an MI gateway as in between.

(i think)

1 Like

No thatā€™s not it you can use them
Both for WiFi and zigbee and can add the hub in both apps

I also have Mi Air Purifier 3H I tried to add to homey several times, but it does not work