[APP][Pro] Xiaomi Mi Home App

I also donated today:

@Phuturist @Sharkys

1 Like

:moneybag: Bounty thread for updating Xiaomi Mi Home to SDK3 :moneybag:

I will post update as per info in this thread
(intentionally as new message to keep raising attention)

Beware there is already SDK3 compatible version :wink:

Please donā€™t commit your donation if you will not keep up on your promise.

DONE :
Sharkys - ā‚¬15 - done + ā‚¬10 done
Glenn_Seegers - ā‚¬50 - DONE ā‚¬25 :clap: + ā‚¬25 if updated with the newer devices
JaccoStraaijer - ā‚¬15 - DONE :clap:
caaaasper ā‚¬10, DONE :clap:
Wout_van_den_Dool - ā‚¬25 - DONE :clap:
M_a_r_c_o - ā‚¬15 - pledge :clap: (confirmed via PM)
RonnO - ā‚¬20 - DONE :clap:
Inunekko - ā‚¬25 DONE :clap:
Maurits - ā‚¬10 - DONE :clap: (confirmed via PM)
Hannes85 - ā‚¬15 - DONE :clap:
JPe4619 - ā‚¬25 - DONE :clap:
Zawinul - ā‚¬25 - DONE :clap:
@Glenn_Dijkstra - ā‚¬25 (in case of update of the original app) - :+1: DONE ??

To be done:
@Jan_Peeters - ā‚¬25 - pledge :+1:

Sum pledged : ā‚¬265
Sum already donated : ā‚¬235 or ā‚¬260 (based on updates in the thread - please update thread if you donated)

:face_with_monocle: Goal 399 ā‚¬ not reached yet :face_with_monocle: ā€¦but getting there :wink:

Paypal link - PayPal.Me (always rely on info provided by Jelger Haanstra - @Phuturist - double-check his Paypal links prior to donation)

Condition fulfilled : Xiaomi Mi Home SDK3 compatible version published - DONE
(but still in progress as the rewrite was massive, also HP2023 tested !!)

In case of any disagreements, let me know by PM or by reply to this message.

Withdrawals :
@Henk_Renting - ā‚¬25 - withdrawn :disappointed_relieved:

It is. But some prefer to blame others forā€¦ well, not sure really. An outdated token?
When you are not participating in the solution, you are part of the problem.

Thank you to all who donated, much appreciated. :pray:

@Sharkys , Iā€™m not sure if your overview is still up to date with the actual donations. Iā€™m not really keeping track myself. I have acquired a Homey Pro 2023 by now and have tested the app to work on this new architecture. So the bounty is not really mandatory anymore for the upgrade.

Looking at the work I have put into this already Iā€™ll keep my part of the promise of upgrading the app to SDK3 and merging it with the Mi Homey to have all devices available under the same app. Hell, I even implemented some new functionality which probably replaces the Roborock app as well. So even without the complete bounty being met Iā€™ll make sure Iā€™ll do what I promised. So thanx for pushing this forward but no need to update the bounty thread anymore.

For now i want to focus on squashing some reports about devices not working properly to make sure all devices that previously worked still work the same or even better. Once that seems stable enough Iā€™ll look into adding now devices where possible and requested.

5 Likes

I am in the process of migrating from the old Mi Homey App. Adding the gateway with token worked (Although I donā€™t see the gateway in my devices, but not an issue for me).

I successfully added a double switch with neutral to the App. I see it in devices and I see both the left and right switches:

Schermafbeelding 2023-03-13 om 14.09.36

Schermafbeelding 2023-03-13 om 14.01.27

In the flow manager the card is missing for the left button:

Or am I missing something? I would like to control the left button via flows too, but miss the card.

I already removed Roborock app, just a little bit remains to be even better then Roborock :wink: (ā€¦just kidding, kind of) :wink:

You shall actually add it as new deviceā€¦itā€™s listed among others - depends if you use the additional options of the gateway, like Doorbell, lights (might be beneficial when we have no LED control on HP2023 etc.)
Canā€™t comment on the Left button for Double switch but I would say itā€™s for 98% an app error.

1 Like

Then you will have to take a paid account. The free version only allows for controlling of Right buttons.
:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanx for the donation. There is an issue with the Humidifier and I need to collect more info and research it. Please follow and if necessary contribute to this issue on Github

The regular ā€œzet aanā€, ā€œzet uitā€ā€™ and ā€œschakel aan of uitā€ is for the left switch. As far as I know Iā€™m unable to change this text without having to create a complete custom capability, which has itā€™s own downsides. Iā€™ll ask around if itā€™s somehow possible, if know I still might change it to a custom capability to make it more clear. Also let me know if these action cards are not able to control the left switch.

You will get it but itā€™s of later concern. First make all devices work properly before adding new features.

1 Like

No worries! I understand that controlling left and right via flows is possible. Text is not a real issue!

@Phuturist once there is a stable version, do you think I can just update, without the need to reconnect all devices (and reconfig all flows)?

2023-03-13 - v3.1.11 - TEST

This release is a complete rewrite of the app including many breaking changes. The app has been fully rewritten with SDK3 to make it futureproof. This new version also merged the devices from the community app Mi Homey. Some previously paired devices might continu to work but please re-pair your devices and/or fix your flows before reporting any issue. If the issue persists after re-pair please report it on the community forum or Github.

I have just published a new test version to the test channel of the app store and Iā€™m looking for people to properly test this version as it will contain bugs. As the release also contains breaking changes the only way to properly test it if you encounter an issue is by re-pairing the device and/or fix your flows and test if the issues still persists. If so, please report it here or preferably on Github .

If you want to go back to the live version you will have to re-pair and/or fix your flows again as both versions are not fully back- and forwards compatible.

Updates in 3.1.11

• Fix issue with waterlevel of humidifiers cause the status of the device not updating
  • Add global flow tokens for consumables and totals of the vacuum cleaner.
  • Updated framework dependencies of outdated NPM packages to get rid of some moderate security risks

The test version can be installed through this link: Xiaomi Mi Home | Homey

1 Like

This is already possible with the current version. No guarantees though. Only when downgrading you will need to reconnect.

Very much depends on what you are using now on apps and devices. Everything from Mi Homey community app will need to be re-paired. Most devices from Xiaomi Mi Home should continu to function but it could be flows need to be fixed. And when having issues with a device my first response will be if you have re-paired just to make sure. So much has changed, I can troubleshoot the migration path as well.

1 Like

2023-03-13 - v3.1.11 - TEST

Development has been transferred to a new developer. This release is a complete rewrite of the app including many breaking changes. The app has been fully rewritten using SDK3 and has been tested with Homey Pro 2023 to make it futureproof. This new version also merged the devices from the Mi Homey community app. Some previously paired devices might continu to work but please re-pair your devices and/or fix your flows before reporting any issue. If the issue persists after re-pair please report it on the community forum or Github.

I have just published a new test version to the test channel of the app store and Iā€™m looking for people to properly test this version as it will contain bugs. As the release also contains breaking changes the only way to properly test it if you encounter an issue is by re-pairing the device and/or fix your flows and test if the issues still persists. If so, please report it here or preferably on Github .

If you want to go back to the live version you will have to re-pair and/or fix your flows again as both versions are not fully back- and forwards compatible.

Updates in 3.1.12

• Fix for consumable alarms for vacuum cleaners not working
  • Fix for consumable and totals global tokens when using more than 1 vacuum cleaner
  • Basic support for mijia.vacuum.v2 (Xiaomi Mijia G1 Robot Vacuum Mop MJSTG1)
  • Possibly basic support for dmaker.fan.p15
  • Fix issues with the driver for deerma.humidifier.jsq

Please consider donating if you appreciate the free time I put into this.

1 Like

Installed. Fixed the multiple vacuums error, no (other) issues noticed so far

2023-03-13 - v3.1.13 - TEST

Development has been transferred to a new developer. This release is a complete rewrite of the app including many breaking changes. The app has been fully rewritten using SDK3 and has been tested with Homey Pro 2023 to make it futureproof. This new version also merged the devices from the Mi Homey community app. Some previously paired devices might continu to work but please re-pair your devices and/or fix your flows before reporting any issue. If the issue persists after re-pair please report it on the community forum or Github.

Updates in 3.1.13

• Fix for mode and water alarm of deerma.humidifier.jsq
  • Fix for LED brightness actioncard for generic Purifier and Humidifier drivers
  • Fix for silent mode for generic Purifier
  • Fix for unavailable idle mode on generic Humidifier v2 driver + added strong mode available for some Humidifiers
  • Added some basic device settings for generic Purifier and Humidifier drivers like LED, buzzer and child lock

Please consider donating if you appreciate the free time I put into this.

1 Like

@Phuturist

Jelger,

Would you kindly except my donation of a Aqara double relay? It seems that you need one to get it discovered properly in your App.

Please feel free to DM me (Dutch is possible :sweat_smile:) to share your details to help me ship the device to you.

Ernst

1 Like

Maybe me being ignorant but what would keep you from using the Aqara app for a direct zigbee connection rather than through the aqara bridge? This is me genuinely being interested in the insights here, not trying to frame you in any way, shape or form.

Iā€™m indeed looking for one and currently scanning Marktplaats for it. But that may take a while before one becomes available. But @Jan_Peeters was also looking for a unit which wasnt in use in his house. He may have found a somewhat broken unit that may still be enough for me to integrate it in the app. Have you been able to test that @Jan_Peeters ?

If thatā€™s not working I will gladly make use of your offer.

1 Like