[APP][Pro] Xiaomi mi flora sensor/ropot app

just /test after the standard URL

1 Like

Yeah tried a bunch of times. With your link I got there

1 Like

@Koktail so got me a ‘new’ homey since my other one died on me. I hoped to get my flora max to work properly but it dtill gives me the 0 readings. It also somrtimes sends the correct data.

Any idea what the issue could be?

Could be that the firmware is different. Can you send a diagnosis report to the developer. I’ll see if there is something strange.

I’ll release the test build only if we got a stable reading from the device.

Will do

I tried this with a flower meter and updated it to 3.3.5. and it works well in Homey.
So I can update them all without having to search and add again in Homey. thanks.

Hi Koktail,

Using your app for a long time and like it very much! My plant gets happy with this app because most of the time I forget to give them water.

The only thing I’m searching for a while it to know when the battery is died. Now with Advanced Flow you got an error outlet, but red somewhere on this forum the developer needs to update the app to get it working.

It would be greet if you can update the app with this function to know when homey can’t reach the moisture sensors, what most of the time is a battery thing I think.

Do you have plans for this feature?

Cheers.

1 Like

This is the old fashioned way, checks all batteries at once, for all zones; or make it zone dependent

Hi Peter,

Thx for your reply and example, but I have from the beginning of homey already a simple flow that wil alert me when a battery is in low condition and also notest that core homey has also a feature for that in the timeline.

But miflora sensors are not always broadcasting the right value in my experience, so the feature i like to have is in the above post :wink:

Well, not sure what the difference is. A battery level is a battery level :wink:

Problem with the ‘card error’ is, it is a sending device, not a receiving one. So an empty battery or lost connection doesn’t ‘error’ a card, Homey doesn’t know if it’s offline, and the last known value is just the actual value.

With f.i. zigbee sensors it’s a similar situation. When they lose connection (but not actually left network) to Homey, it’s nothing more then a sensor which doesn’t update anymore, and “nothing’s wrong”.

For those ‘silenced’ devices, I have a flow which checks the last reported status every x hrs

Hi Peter,

That could be an option to try, but find also a simple alternative in the app I did’t noticed before. But for some reason don’t get it working. The Timeout card and sync all sensors card.
Schermafbeelding 2022-10-10 om 16.36.23

Setting the app on 5 minutes interval to test the timeout card doesn’t trigger a reaction. Having some sensors with died battery so I should get an timeout error I assume. Official app gives a timeout when trying to reach it.

It there something I’m doing wrong?

That would be a nice feature! I’ll look into that.

1 Like

I didn’t see that one either, will try some tests with it.

I have worked on the smpl Homey App and integrate the smpl mini display. A project @Nitramevo started to create smart e-ink displays for Homey that can show all dynamic data from Homey (see the topic here)

Here are some display layouts I use in combination with the display:

Plant status:

Greenhouse information:

6 Likes

Does it work with those huahuacaocao devices? You actually never know if its the xiaomi, vegtrug or that one when you order. It reports on my phone in BT as “Flower care” but homey does not find it. If it matters, I already have one that is monitored by homey

I think all devices have the same source and should be compatible.

1 Like

I confirm, it does work with that one, just checked

1 Like

Good evening

This App is able to work with the sensors:

• WANFEI Flower Care Soil Tester
  • B BestCon 4

Thank you

Hi, I’ve installed this app on a HP23,

As part of that I added a new device (straight from the box) as well as re-added an existing device from my current homey.

The existing device continues to be updated in the old homey and has not updated at all on the new homey since it was added (perhaps to be expected)

But also the brand new device added fine to the HP23, but has not updated its values since it’s i initial pairing.

Is this something that your aware of, or do you think is an isolated case?

92785c86-fe12-4889-9dea-57ab1ede454c

1 Like