[APP][Pro] Xiaomi mi flora sensor/ropot app

Ok. I’m just wondering why this didn’t happen before…?! I didn’t change anything with the setup except updating apps and firmware.

So we don’t know where to start then… :thinking:

1 Like

Still on RC14 but going to update to 4.2.0. <-- no issues on 4.2.0 stable

Sensors are working fine, but don’t know the FW of the stick. It’s over a year old I guess, and the app shows 3.1.9 (maybe it is accurate).

No other BLE devices nor apps —

Well, that’s a lie. I have BLE christmas lights installed. But for obvious reasons i don’t have christmas lights connected to the homey.

Btw I’m on version 3.2.2 of Xiaomi Flower sensors.
I rebooted Homey 4 hours ago…sensors get updated 4 hours ago ,:slight_smile:
Btw in 4.2 version they touched BT capabilities after very long time - I assume they caused this malfunction.

• [BLE] Allow writeWithResponse

After installing 4.2.0-rc-14 my sensors started working again :smiley: ( I have 3)
1 of them is on 3.1.9 and 2 of them on 2.2.1 (before they did not register , but only 1 time after reboot)
No other BLE apps

After about two weeks, there still seems to be no solution. Have been following this thread as well but there’s nothing that really helps.

Contacted Homey but getting a general response, don’t have the feeling that they’re going to do anything about it.

I would really much like to restore my Homey to the previous version soo that this will work again. And then wait and hope for Homey to do something about it. How to do this? I found some threads online but can’t seem to get it to work. Can anybody help me with this?

1 Like

I’m not aware of possibility to downgrade firmware however, which Homey version do you have? Early 2016, Early 2019 etc?

Does it still works for you? Can you share which Homey version do you have?

Oh, I thought that this was possible. I think I miss understood in the posts above.

No, it does not work for me. I need to reboot, then it works about two times of polling and then it’s gone. It has been offline for about five days now.

Early 19

1 Like

It’s a known problem and there is nothing i (dev of the app) can do about it to fix the issue. Athom says its the app, i say it is Homey.

I’ve get emails, crashreports and onestar reviews because of this issue. Nothing i can do about it.

3 Likes

[Error: BLETimeout
at Remote IPC Process
] {
}

…so I don’t get it. So “your” code is “faulty” (given the point it throws error) somewhere here :slight_smile:

const advertisement = await Homey.ManagerBLE.find(device.getAddress(), 10000).then(function (advertisement) {
                return advertisement;
            });
const peripheral = await advertisement.connect(); 

Correct ? So the code Athom is referring to is actually : "await advertisement.connect(); "

…I guess there is no way to submit GitHub issue anymore by you as developer, correct ?

Btw this is how it looks like in the app log (for the rest of the audience)

#########################################
# update device: Mi Flora Sensor - Strawberries
# firmware: 3.2.2
#########################################
call handleUpdateSequence
handleUpdateSequence
find
distance = 9.334850610218087 meter
connect
disconnectPeripheral not registered yet
timeout, retry again 3
[Error: BLETimeout
   at Remote IPC Process
] {
}
Error: Error: Error: Max retries (3) exceeded, no success
    at /app.js:251:35
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:97:5)
    at async HomeyMiFlora.updateDevice (/app.js:237:16)
    at async HomeyMiFlora.updateDevices (/app.js:205:16)
reduce

Btw, I tried to increase retries attempts from 3 to 10, timeout connection from 30sec to 120sec…no go for any of the case - always BLETimeout.

I think my code isn’t ‘faulty’ but Homey is. The app tries to update the sensor three times before it tries the next. The ‘BLE timeout error’ is catched in my code, so if there is an error it wil log that message but doesn’t stop the execution of the next sensor.

I think the BLE timeout is caused by Homey or the kernel if BLE connections aren’t closed properly. After some time all devices get the timeout.

Only thing i hear is that the app works properly in the Athom office.

2 Likes

Actually that is what I meant - if the error appears just after simply calling one function, how your app can be faulty? It is nonsense.

I live 17,000km away from Athom’s office and the only plant sensor I own reports correctly the values and triggers the flows that remind us to water the plant.

Homey firmware 4.2.0.

1st screenshot

2nd screenshot 1.15h later.

Perhaps I am just lucky, for a change :crazy_face:

1 Like

Which Homey version do you have please? Early 2016 / 2018 / 2019 ?

Early 2016

1 Like

Hmm… Maybe it’s too soon to be happy, but I accidentally did a ‘System recovery’ when I was cleaning my home. It’s about 2 hours later now and it still updates the values…?!

I checked the experimental updates in the development environment yesterday. Something updated?

I’ll keep you all posted.

You mean you reset whole Homey ?