[APP][Pro] WhatsApp - Simple. Reliable. Private

@seinuh can you try to add it as a new device? Should be the same behaviour

@martijnpoppen will check tomorrow, Iā€™m not at home todayā€¦ let you know!

@martijnpoppen unfortunately the only way was deleting my device and pair it againā€¦ so i have to check some flows today :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Repairing a ā€œworkingā€ device process is okā€¦

So to reduce this issue maybe you can unpair your device via WhatsAppā€¦ after that repair it via homey ā€œrepair deviceā€

1 Like

@Seinuh thanks Will check if I can reproduce that

For fixing your flows, are you aware of this? [HOW-TO][Pro][Cloud] - Tool to FIX (advanced) flows after removing and re-adding devices

@martijnpoppen yes i know, but removing your whatsapp device wil completely remove the whatsapp card (text etc) so you have typ all info againā€¦

I have exactly the same issue. Tried on 2 different Iphone SE. Already searching for a solution for over a month :frowning_face:
I donā€™t get the on screen keyboard and Bluetooth external also does not work.
It is a WhatsApp issue, because if you want to connect WhatsApp Web by phonenumber then you also run into the same issue.

Is there a workaround to still get the QR code?

@TonS no thereā€™s no way to trigger the QR. This app is completely build based on the phone number you provide during installation

I got serious issues with Whatsapp in the use with Homey. For the second time they block my (second) phone number in Whatsapp. Any idea how i this can happen? I only use that number with Homey in fact.

@MikeT87 it is mentioned in the disclaimer of the app (when you pair your number)
It can happen thereā€™s no specific reason why and how.

You find the same disclaimer here: [APP][Pro] WhatsApp - Simple. Reliable. Private

Thanks for your message.
Is there anything we can do if this happens? It is a little bit frustrating, just have bought a new number and will try again, but i am a affraid it happens again.

@MikeT87 I donā€™t know. As seen in the disclaimer:

Iā€™m not sure what youā€™re sending with the Whatsapp app, but if youā€™re sending to frequent, or only from whatsapp in Homey it might block you.
So opening your phone every now and then is a must. Same as limiting the amount of messages.

Not sending much. Only 1 or 2 messages to myself and my girlfriend every day. But, those were new numbers and i did not have first send manually some messages to both numbers from us. So maybe that is the reason: from day 1 just messages from homey onlyā€¦

I have send whatsapp a message hope that they will unblock me.

@MikeT87 yes thatā€™s another one, new numbers get blocked easier if they are not connected via phone first.
so make sure to send some messages via your phone first.

Hi Martijn.

I assume you have been blocked your self during making this app. Otherwise how would you known about this ā€˜Ban / Blockā€™ from Whatsapp since you have put it in the disclaimer. Iā€™m using this app on the four phones in my household, but after reading it just now I changed all the flows where Iā€™m using this app. I canā€™t afford the risk.
Convince me if i did not do the right thing.

1 Like

@Rogier_Verheugen no Iā€™ve not been blocked myself. This was mentioned in the library I use

But you wonā€™t get blocked as long as you just use the number regularly (on your phone) and not over using it in homey (sending too much messages after each other)

This app has a lot of users and today is the first time I heard that somebody had a blocked number.

1 Like

OK but @MikeT87 used it 1 or 2 times a day. When making (not using) my flows I was using it like 50 / 100 times a day (big guess) in order to test my flowā€™s. And lets be honest, letting Homey send you Whatsapp messages is pretty awesome. When just using it with the flows I have Homey is sending like 40 messages per phone per year (family and friends birthdays)

Edit: But you are saying that the difference between @MikeT87 and (lets say) me is that he used this number just for Homey to send Whtsapp messages? And Iā€™m using it a lot for communication as where it is designed for.

@Rogier_Verheugen yes but then he also explained he never used the number before connecting it to Homey WhatsApp. So thatā€™s something you should do.

1 Like

Thanks Martijn.

I just disconnect the flow cards by removing the lines. I might reinstall them again.You convinced me

1 Like

Just tested the App. Have asked WhatsApp to delete older messages. Now it tells me that the messages wonā€™t be deleted because the sender might have used an old WhatsApp version.