[APP][Pro] WhatsApp - Simple. Reliable. Private

Installed it today try to connect but after pairing via code in homey it keeps loading. Tried it several times

76358b84-8eda-4254-8b6d-bca7714e7419

@Elmar please try via webapp

Thanks it works

1 Like

This is really a great app! Fantastic!

Iā€™m using it with his own phone number and off course the homey profile picture. Really great. Family members and I can get reminders from Homey his own number. Much better than using my own number with Homey.

Iā€™d like to share a cheap and easy way to do that.

My phone is a Android dual SIM with eSIM support. You can purchase a eSIM prepaid card online at Simyo for ā‚¬5,- and youā€™ll get a ā‚¬7,50 prepaid balance for that. You need to send one SMS at least once in a half year. To keep the number active. (ā‚¬0.10)
Homey can help you remind for that!

WhatsApp supports multiple SIM/numbers (at least on Android). You can switch accounts really easy from within Whatsapp.

Activate the phone number in Whatsapp on your phone. Set the Homey logo as profile picture. Pair it with Homey and youā€™re done.
Itā€™s really a better overview. And for some reason reminders or notifications work much better for me this way.
I can even chat with Homey and set variables or start flows.
Family members can get automated messages from a dedicated number so itā€™s not messing our normal conversations.

You have to be aware of the Whatsapp policy that requires you to connect with your main device (The Android phone) at least once in every 14 days to keep other sessions active.
So once in every 14 days you have to switch account within Whatsapp on your phone.

Iā€™m still looking for a way to avoid that or automate it.

Thanks for this great app @martijnpoppen

2 Likes

@David thanks a lot for sharing!

Is it true this version does not support messages with an expiration date? When i do this the message get a i icon in front saying that this is out dated and does not support it

1 Like

@Elmar whatsapp for homey doesnā€™t support that

1 Like

New app update (:green_square: LIVE: 1.25.1):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: NEW: Update SDK

FIXES:
1: None

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Whatsapp - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

Issue list: [APP][Pro] WhatsApp - Simple. Reliable. Private - #3 by martijnpoppen

I use a iPhone 7 with an extra sim wich always worked great. Starting today I canā€™t make the connection anywmore because there is no on screen keyboard any more when ik need to make the connection. I also tried a iPhoen SE third genration, but that has the same problem. Anyone have the same problem, or know what I can do to work around this. Even a bluetooth keyboard doensā€™t work. Anybody an idea for a sollution ar a work around?

@norbert
You are in the English section of the forum. Please translate your post.

For your issue you can also try the homey webapp: https://my.homey.app

Sorry! I translated my tekst.

But why would tjje Homey web app help me? There is nothing wromg with homey. The problem is within whatsapp.

Itā€™s in this screen that I donā€™t get a keyboard so I canā€™t enter the code.

@Norbert ah sorry didnā€™t get that! Thatā€™s really strange. Maybe you can file a issue at WhatsApp itself.

I will do that, but probably wil take a long time for them to fix it, so I was hoping someone here would have a clever idea because I canā€™t get it working now.

Repair a device does chrash my homey completeā€¦ ā€œred led ringā€ reboot device (power plug) will restart homey again.

Diagnostic report :

0abe8622-0287-4116-9e36-7013657091cf

But itā€™s after the reboot so i think you cannot see anything.

@Seinuh please reproduce the issue and send a report.

But I do see a working connection, according to the logs you seem to get messages coming in

I got 2 ā€œdevicesā€ i have replaced my phone and that device needs an new pair codeā€¦ so if i click on repair my whole homey is crashingā€¦ it shut down and the led ring on my homey goes redā€¦

So repairing my device will chrash homey, but cannot sent a diagnostic report of this situation because its dead at that point.

@Seinuh in the webapp or the mobile app?

Both web and app ā€œrepairing deviceā€

Can you check if you have the same issue on other apps?

Repairing a doorsensor no problemā€¦