[APP][Pro] WhatsApp - Simple. Reliable. Private

@Flyto sneak peak :wink:

2 Likes

damn, so excited, cant wait! is it on experimental already? :wink:

@Flyto almost, working on reply codes. So that Homey can reply to you in a Group etc :smiley:

So for example you and Homey whatsapp are in the same group you can create a conversation with Homey :sweat_smile:

In short, you can create a chatbot:

5 Likes

Nice! Good job!!

1 Like

this is crazy!
can’t wait to test it and put it to work

2 Likes

New app update (:orange_square: TEST: 1.22.1):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: NEW: Receive messages
2: NEW: condition cards

FIXES:
1: FIX: Make sending messages faster due to a faster data store

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Whatsapp - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

Issue list: [APP][Pro] WhatsApp - Simple. Reliable. Private - #3 by martijnpoppen

2 Likes

@Flyto @Frickadillus @Valentin_Ciopei @LRvdLinden see update above :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The “Receive messages” automation doesn’t work with “messages from self” ?

@Valentin_Ciopei it should. Can you check the device settings of your WhatsApp device in Homey?

Damn, so cool! I know what I’ll be doing tomorrow :joy:

2 Likes

Amazing! I will give this a shoot :pray:

1 Like

I have it checked. I wanted to send myself a message and act on it. Like this:

LE: it works after I restarted the app. :slight_smile:

Huge thank you and please provide a link for donations. This app deserves it!

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Valentin_Ciopei !

I do have those links in the first post [APP][Pro] WhatsApp - Simple. Reliable. Private :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your donation @Valentin_Ciopei much appreciated!

1 Like

@Valentin_Ciopei @Flyto @Frickadillus please let me know if you miss any flowcards :slight_smile: then i can add those as well.

2 Likes

Hey Martijn, just got started looking into building some flows, but as you’re asking; I think an Idea would be to be able to save the received messages into variables so the content of the message can be also used otherwise! e.g. send the content of the message to GPT to let it interpret the commands

also is there an attribute in that WhatsApp client that lets differentiate between a regular message and an answer? e.g. “if message is answer to the last sent message” so the message “done” could refer to an information or call out given by Homey and resolut in different outcomes?

totally agree, sent some donations as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

nevermind about the variables, I realised the data is stored in tags and can be transfered
still kinda new to Homey!

1 Like

Thanks a lot!!!

I will have a look! I think that would be possible

1 Like

I think a flow card “Text includes (…) or (…) or (…) or (…)” to give different options within flow card for the same outcome, maybe 3? 4? Having new flowcharts quickly makes the flow very extensive :smiley:

You can already do this with Logic app. You can get the text value from Whatspp and search for whatever you like in it and take actions.