[APP][Pro] Ubiquiti UniFi app

Connecting works fast. Probably within 5-10 seconds.
Disconnecting however takes between 6-15 minutes…

I’m using my synology with the Unifi controller and an iPhone Xs Max. (IOS 12)

Same here as well. UniFi CloudKey and two iPhone XS and two 6s. When all of us leave the house, Xs and 6s are tagged as away at the same time. Connecting is fast, normally when I park my car outside, I get tagged as home before I even get out of the door

I was experimenting a bit and I can reproduce what you are experiencing. The problem appears to lie with the Unifi Controller software. If you switch off your wifi (and have wifi scanning switched off (at least in Android), it takes a few minutes before the Controller software removes your phone from the ‘Active Clients’ list. (it even keeps it as ‘just now’ even after a few minutes.

I’m using the Unifi Controller software on a raspberry pi.

I’ve been talking to the Unifi support about this “issue” and they came up with the following information:

Okay. I have checked with my team and I have an update. The time taken by the controller is actually normal on the current versions though we are trying to reduce it. You can however try reducing the refresh rate of the controller to 15 seconds and check

I’ve tried reducing the refresh rate but that didn’t help.
They can’t tell me how long it’s going to take before an update will be ready to solve this…

3 Likes

I am still experience the same, connecting goes fast but disconnecting takes long time.

Anyone seen or able to implement any fixes for this yet?

Hello! Is it possible to set an delay on devices logging out? Have problems with iPhones disconnecting for a minute or two when they are inactive from the user. Every time flows trigger for disconnection and connection… irritating!!!

Any solutions out there?

//Oscar

1 Like

@Pellucid

Your app is graet!
Ik have onze question, wat can i do to prevent homey to thinking i ame offline when roming form AP to AP and going out of reach for a short time. Thx!

1 Like

I have the same problem and manage it with flows and counters. But I’m not soo happy with my solution.

1 Like

Okay! Can you share an example of how you done it?

//O

Does anyone got it worked with an UDM? I can’t get it connected even when I set the correct port.
My old cloud key was working well.

Hi, i experience some trouble when roaming from one AP to another. Homey says this device is offline and it will not be reported online again. Do others have this issue? Thx!

I got my UDM working connected via the app unifi in homey, still testing to get my phone connected to wifi to run a flow though.

After firmware update for the udm it worked well

Can you share your presence flow? I cant tag it in the who or mac or ssid. I might be missing something

You need to add a client by ip as person, then you can use it in your flows

Hi,
Since this morning I’m no longer able to add a new wifi device. When I use the app to search for connected devices it times out after some time. Not showing anything. Any help?

Hi all,

I’m thinking of installing this app after upgrading my raspberry to unify controller. But:
Do I actually need unifi AP’s in order to make the presence detection work, or does it also work wit AP’s like Ruckus an/or others?

After all, clients are eventually connected to the DHCP server, which is the unifi controller

How did you get this App to connect to the UniFi UDM?

On ip and port, in the previous versions it wasnt connectibg at all.