[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

Tuya points to Home Assistant

Another response:

Athom points to Tuya, and the Homey user

Ok, thanks for the feedback👍
I waiting patient for a solution
Jan

Which brand / type of device are the switches ?
Which app do you use to link those devices - do you indeed use Tuya Cloud ?

Today I received a couple of new tuya wifi sensors from Neo Coolcam.
Added them without any issues to my Smartlife app but when I added them to Homey no devices were found.

I have added Tuya wifi devices before to Homey without issue so I think these devices are not supported yet. I saw that sensors were supported but probably this one isn’t?

If this device is not supported yet, could it be added please?

Device Information

Product Name
PIR BK
Device ID
bffeb289fa653ad9d2ac9q
Product Category
pir
Device Status
Activated At
2023-12-01 16:39:09

Device Association

Project
Tuya Cloud for Homey

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005005870063900.html?spm=a2g0o.order_detail.order_detail_item.3.71546d76kVWlVg&gatewayAdapt=glo2nld

Thanks.

Hi i am new to Homey and I use the Tuya Cloud app for some smart sockets without problem so far. Today I discovered, that my Medion vacuum robot is a Tuya Product as well.
The robot was a stubborn and needed reconnection. The AP created by it was a Smart Life AP.
So I connected it and checked the Tuya development Platform.
And it showed up and can be controlled via Debug menu as well.

As you mention in your introduction, every device supported by developer Platform can be ported into your app, I wonder how I can contribute to your app.

I don’t have any Java Script Skills. But if possible I want to help as much as I can.

The tuya cloud app isnt maintained by its developer anymore unfortunatly he moved back to HA.

The code isnt all that difficult as long as you have a little understanding of coding its fairly easy to read existing devices/drivers.

Adding a basic on/off for something like a vacuum robot should be doable.

You can always use the raw command flow cards. There are quite a few examples to find in this thread on how to use those. Those raw flow cards basically make anything possible as long as the tuya cloud can do it.

I guess I have to learn something new :sweat_smile:

So I took your advice and renamed my tuya iot project name, nothing really happened for a few days but after a firmware update for Homey to 10.1.4, suddenly everything just started working. Now I am receiving everything right, and I managed to add my tuya blinds into homey without any issues even though previously I was unable to add anything.

I still can’t add my 3gang wall switches to homey directly but I’ve managed to make one of them function quite well using raw commands.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out with suggestions! Even though it felt like I didn’t really do anything to make it work but regardless it was nice to hear everyone trying to help out!

1 Like

@Jurgen_Heine , first off; Loving the app and what you’ve been doing for the Homey community in general!

I wanted to reach out with a question regarding the listening to devices and reading their actions. I’ve been reading out my smart cat litter box and what it logs but it appears as not all messages are received (I’m listening to Text, Boolean and Number). For example, I consistently get lines written when my litter box detected the cat has done its need, as per below;

• [flow Tuya Text Event Msg received] Device ID: (xxxxxx), Function name: (cat_weight ), Function value: (1480)
  • [flow Tuya Number Event Msg received] Device ID: (xxxxxx), Function name: (excretion_time_day ), Function value: ( 231)

But that’s about all received. When I then check my ioT platform and the device messages received it’s a lot more (and I’d love to use some of the other messages to let Homey respond with actions);

in green the ones that end up being received by Homey, the one is Yellow is an example of one i’d like to trigger on but is never received by Homey;

Looking forward seeing your thoughts and thanks again!

For some reason I tried it again today and now all movement sensors added to Smart life were able to be added to Homey now.
So that is good, only the movement reset is a minimum of 60 seconds.
There is probably nothing that can be done to set that to a lower value?

Thanks.

60 seconds is pretty common with tuya motion/radar devices

1 Like

Hallo, Hoe vind ik mijn apparaten uit de Tuya Smart App? ik heb een Tuya cloud account maar die vraagt nog om een Access ID en Access Secret/Client Secret .
Moet ik hiervoor een OEM project aanmaken om deze te krijgen??

It’s all explained in the 1st topic.
When English is a problem, you can use deepl.com to translate copied text.

@Jackass made a Dutch howto, you’ll find the link in his post here:

And maybe this vid makes things a bit clearer, while you can actually look at the steps

1 Like

I use a lot of Tuya switches and dimmers to control my lighting. In general, this all works fine within Homey.
However, I have two 2-channel dimmers where only channel 1 appears in Homey, but channel 2 does not. It works well with 2 channel switches, you can choose “Power Socket 1” and “Power Socket 2”.
However, there is no choice with the 2 channel dimmer. Both channels are shown in Tuya cloud.
Is this a known phenomenon? Of course I can send more information, but I thought it would be better to first ask whether this is useful.

How can i add tuya wifi temperature&humidity sensor? :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOJkw2M

Actually this one. I know how to make flows with tuya devices but cant with this sensor. Help me pls because our kids gonna freeze at night. :smiling_face_with_tear:

Hi, tried setting up, have linked accounts but get an error logging in the app in homey .

I checked password and username, and it’s all perfectly, ref, pic

Are you sure the account username and password are from the smartphone app, and not from the tuya iot login?

You can do that with virtual devices and Tuya Cloud raw data. see also the post of @Peter_Kawa a couple of messages back: link.
Be sure to read in full - also post 1 and other suggestions in this thread.

There’s a lot you can do yourself in fault-finding by using the guidance already in the posts, especially checking that you actually are receiving the raw data by monitoring the tuya cloud events.

For example i made a virtual socket for my tuya smart plugs and made some scenes in tuya app and flows in homey bonded together. But im stucked w sensors. There is a way to make a virtual device which shows the actual temperature from the sensor? Or its impossible and i can do raw command like if the sensor say there is 24 celsius in for example room Y then turn off the Vthermo.

Actually i want to add a vthermo as a master thermostat and my netatmo gonna be the second one, because i want 24 celsius for my kids but at the grounc floor its always warmer at living room with like 3 Celsius difference.

My plan is something like this:
From 6pm my heat on to 8pm or until 24 Celsius reached in the children’s rooms (AVG celsius) by Vthermo. When its 24 Celsius then the sensor trigger vthermo which trigger Netatmo to turn off and Netatmo trigger after 10min my circulation pump to turn off.

Made something like this to read temperature (virtual device) but its doesnt work and the functionvalue is like if its 24 celsius the value is 240. How to divide functionvalue correctly with /10?

1 Like