[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

do you mean the virtual thermostat? (vthermo). if so… it still doesn’t communicate with the tuya cloud after re add the virtual thermostat.

No, it is about the Tuya thermostat device. It has to be removed, and then re paired again to enable some functionality or fixes.

Ah okey, i have struggles with the radiator knob😅 my fault

The knob is the “thermostat device” right? Then you should remove it and pair again :slightly_smiling_face:
Because you mentioned “button” I thought you were talking about a virtual button.

Hi Jurgen,
the last test version in the app store is still the 1.1.17, not the version with the fix for the thermostat. Could you please check you set the version to test stage? Thanks.

@RonnyW, you were right, I published it, but not pressed submission to test. It should be available now.

no, I mean the radiator thermostat knob. I already added it again, but still without success

See one post above. The testversion was not online yet. Now you should see the 1.1.18

it now responds to the flow, but the values ​​are not correct now, if I control it with 20 degrees voa the flow it goes to 5. so I think you have to do it x10. Thanks for arranging everything!

Thanks for the feedback. So I have to check what function is called via flow.
I would assume the app sets the capability without calling a device function, so it’s not converted.

And temperature reporting Tuya=>Homey is ok now?

@RonnyW
yes, tuya ==> homey communication is good now.
Only the temperature differenceis the problem.

Mabey a idea to add by the “than” card in flow a open or close option, that you can set the termostate motor 100% open or 0% (close)

That’s not possible. The device only supports the functions you can find in device details you can see at iot.tuya.com. And that’s only set target temperature for these devices.

oh ok it was an idea
also every time I get the notification with the app about the old api,
can i update that to the new one? And if so do I have to reconnect everything?

That’s a question for @Jurgen_Heine or @Peter_Kawa

So in regard of the problem not able to control Tuya devices (bulbs,on/off switches) in Homey anymore where the unlink and link of the tuya app in Tuya Iot Platform was not the fix for me. …

It seems the fix is to extend the IOT Core service,it was expired for me after one month. but this means I will have the problem in 6 months again as the trial extend will be permantly ended by then.

Is it just me where this a thing? Did I accidently turned to much on which requires a paid plan?

There is new test version with fix for thermostat from @RonnyW, thanks @RonnyW for your good work :+1: :slight_smile:

@Rick_Delput, you have already set-up most correctly when thermostat is working. But your other devices are still using legacy drivers. You have to add device again as official( only choice now) device in Homey, after that you have to remove your old device. Also when you have removed all the old legacy devices, you have to set the dropdown to offical only. When there are no legacy devices anymore and the dropdown is on official, you won’t get the messages anymore and you have set it up correctly.

2 Likes

yes, it works great now.
thank you very much for the effort and solving it @RonnyW and @Jurgen_Heine !
Hopefully we have helped other people with this too!

1 Like

Jurgen sent me some hints about the dynamic capabilities. I think I will adapt/redesign some technical things for the stable version. So perhaps we have another test version soon and I would like to ask you again to re-add the device to Homey and make some test for us.

1 Like

Sure! No problem, send me a message

1 Like

Edit Jurgen and Ronny responded quicker. Anyways, maybe you’ll find some useful info below😉

When your devices still use the old API, you’ll have to remove them, but first, rename your devices, like adding ‘-old’ for instance (needed to repair affected flows automatically later on)

Now, after that, add your devices again using the official API. Make sure there’s no ‘legacy’ mentioned on the device-type-to-add-tile (during the adding process).

When all’s been added, and you have a functional backup subscription, run the script by @martijnpoppen below in the webApi playground:

1. Edit script:
    Enter the old device name and the added device name
  2. Copy & paste script in the playground & hit the blue ‘Run’ button
  3. Now the flows with the ‘old’ device should work with the new added device.

The Script:

Script topic here

2 Likes