[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

Does it also has some power measurement?

Nope

Hi,
I’m a newbie to Homey but I have successfully added both Deltaco lights and Nedis Smart plugs with this app. Big thanks.
Next question is if or when it also can support color mode and power measurement for added items?

Omg, bad news! Check this out! I don’t know what his source is, as I’m not able to find info about this, but he says that tuya will stop all 3th party integrations in the future
 Ifttt will stop working after the 26th of May.

Meer info;

Aaah I wanted to share that one as well

Why are company’s doing this. It’s so fucking annoying. After the whole google/nest thing, now tuya is behaving the same. Why can’t company’s not work together instead of all wanting to be the best and only one. The whole thing of home automation is to combine stuff in your house and let it work together.

With SmartLife killing IFTTT I was panicking until I came across this app - amazing stuff!

Presumably this app will still work irrespective of the IFTTT status?

If so, I have a request @Jurgen_Heine that could you please add thermostat devices?
I don’t actually need the sensor part (which you say the api doesnt support), but I have a thermostat which I switch based on IFTTT timers currently, which is obviously going to stop working
 (interestingly I had to switch to IFTTT timers since the timers they were providing in app were not reliable)

Is there any possibility of this?

I controlled my Tuya based curtains with Homey via IFTTT. After above news I had to look for an alternative, but unfortunately my curtains are not supported by this Tuya Cloud app.

After some more reading I tried the tap-to-run option in the Tuya app itself. You can make a so called ‘mood/scene’ here. This mood can be triggered with the Tuya Cloud app! It works for me and response time is even faster compared to IFTTT. Great app :slight_smile:

Maybe this will work with other devices, like a thermostat, as well.

2 Likes

Thanks, sounds perfect!

I just added a Heating On / Heating Off tap to run but when I go to add device I only seem to get Light or Switch (no scene) and the scenes don’t seem to appear in either of those

You should trigger the tap-to-run by making a flow instead of adding a device. Please see this example I quickly made (hope you understand a bit Dutch :slight_smile:):

https://homey.app/f/BHSeb7

Hi, just bought a Tuya WiFi Garage door controller :slight_smile:

Can this be added as a device in the Tuya app for Homey ?

Awesome - that worked a treat! Thanks so much :slight_smile:

Panic averted!

2 Likes

So, has this now stopped working for anyone else? Because was working fine this morning but now dead
 :frowning:

Wow, tumbleweed. How can this not be affecting anyone else??

Because it’s working fine for everyone else?? Here no problems! Maybe you have to restart the tuya app? Or something else is causing the problem
 What have you tried to solve it?

Yeah, I realised I had my dates wrong. I thought it was the 4th they were turning off API support which would’ve made it more of a coincidence

After a couple of reconnect attempts it’s back up now
 Anyone know what might have caused the connection to stop?

i am noticing the app crashes more and more. i have to reboot the app and reconnect after it than it works fine. is it just me?

Create a flow that restarts the Tuya app every 24 hours and you’re fine. Doing the same here and never have any problems

@Hannes85 and @Wesley_Witjes, do you get error messages? If possible please send the error reports.
At he moment I am very bussy, so I can’t promisse anything. But when possible, I will look into it.

@Sander, I have to investigate if this is possible now. The API is very limmited. To control the door you can use scenes. Only status is not possible then.

@Jurgen_Heine Any updates on the Tuyapi not being supported in the future? I also saw the news via the link posted in this topic, and it got me scared a little. Are we just sitting here waiting until suddenly the api will be discontinued?