[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

I did more testing but without any luck.
I completely removed tuya cloud app from homey and reinstalled it
I created a new tuya IoT account and reconfigured all steps according to the manuals
I switched from tuya to smart life app
Unfortunately without any luck…
Hopefully anyone else is seeing what I’m missing.
If I look at the API statistics on Tuya IoT cloud it stays on 0. Looks like its not connecting or something. I’m out of troubleshooting options

Hi @Matrean ,

I do recognize your trouble to get it working. I had the same. Out of the blue, try these 3 things:

1. only link one project (you now have ‘Homey’ and ‘Homey2’).

2. Try to create a new account or renew your password.

3. Restart everthing

It wasn’t working overhere directly also, not sure what did the trick. If figured out please let us know! (I’ll add it to my manual also)

Hi All,

It is working now! finally. Like you @Jackass I tried a lot of stuff so not sure what did the trick. Here’s a list of what I did:

1. First I tried the API explorer in the tuya IoTY platform to see if I can get a device status, that all seemed to work fine
  2. Like you suggested I reverted back to my newly created tuya dev account
  3. I reconfigured everything on the homey app
  4. At first the app could not connect or add any device not even legacy
  5. Then it looked like there was a space behind my username. I removed it,
  6. Then I looked at my browser homey interface which apparently was still in the screen of configure app first and all of a sudden the PIR appeared.
  7. Then somehow everything worked very quickly adding device instantly etc.

But I’m happy everything works now

2 Likes

Glad it’s working. Sadly we still don’t know the exact trick. @Matrean

What about

:wink:

3 Likes

@Peter_Kawa:
Not sure what u mean?
My RGBW lights can be controlled just fine. Otherwise use the tap-to-run method (search for the how-to in this topic)

I have tried the tap-to-run and I dont get the option set color to green. I only get color mode… What am I doing wrong?

Where do I select color?

I have this option:

Where do I go from here?

Then ‘+’
Run the device
Select an rgb light
Select ‘Switch’ ON
Then ‘+’
Select the same rgb light
Select ‘Color’ mode’
Pick desired color

@ Homey:
To get new created tap-to-run scenes selectable with the flowcard ‘Execute scene’, you’ll have to restart the Tuya Cloud app for now. A fix is on the to-do, afaik

1 Like

I dont have that option. This is how it looks on my app:

Do I have the wrong version of the app…?

What does “color temp” do?

Anyone have a solution for this issue :point_up:t2:

What’s the issue? No context at all

I don’t know why you show a screenshot.
It shows you don’t have an RGB light as you said you had. Buy something else I guess…

I have several RGB bulbs i use, with Tuya Smart app at my phone, and Tuya cloud inside Homey. But I dont get color option inside Homey. As you see in posts above, someone tried to help, but no luck. How can I get this to work?

This are my RGB bulbs…

One if them…

Hi yesterday a new Tuya update was placed and i couldnt control ant light, all in error.

Was it only me? Or others?

I restored and disabled update….

Try reading the opening post :wink: