[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

Woops… I used West Europe instead of Central Europe…

Everything works fine!

But Gert,
… There’s a complete screen full of info about that part in the manual

1 Like

I’m giving up on this. Now i created an account with https://iot.tuya.com/

I’ve done the guide at top… Linked my Smart Life account, i see all my devices in Tuya Smart Developer Center

I’ve added the Smart Life login info, copied it from app… So all is right…

Put in the login Authorization Key info, copy passed… so all right

Still i get msg when trying to add deveices in Homey: Config app…

Also waited half an hour between tries.

All worked fine before, now after the new demand of createing API etc… much work and nothing works anymore.

Anyway, thanks for the work you all put in. I know its free work :slight_smile: But i’m thinking this is not smart anymore, just to much work :wink:

The new Tuya API is working with percentages. But I have to search if old way is still supported. I need a diagnostic report to which device category you have.

Not all functions are implemented yet or will be implemented. It’s huge amount of work to program everything, or it’s difficult because I don’t own a particular device. Remember, I am just a user who is using my skills to build an app to get support for devices. In my opinion your reaction is a shame.

You can always use tap-to-run with scene. Search tread for how-to and/or info in opening post. You can also combine this with s virtual device.

1 Like

I don’t use the Tuya Cloud App and have integrated my Tuyas into Homey via the Home Assistant. But here too, there are major problems with the new API and not everything works.
Please understand that the developers do this for free as a pure hobby and not all problems can be solved immediately.
A German proverb says: Good things take time.

2 Likes

@grim, you have to follow the guide to the letter, skipping one step, or doing one thing wrong results in non working connection to API. It’s not my choice of how to connect, but this is for now the only way to connect to the official Tuya API for free. The AppId and secret are not required if dropdown is set to legacy, but be aware that support for old API will end.

2 Likes

Not sure what u mean?
My RGBW lights can be controlled just fine. Otherwise use the tap-to-run method (search for the how-to in this topic)

1 Like

@Jurgen_Heine Thank you very much, I just updated to latest test version, and everything is now working as expected. My Wifi multisockets are now working, I can control them in the app, see the power consumption, and my flows triggered by MQTT can control the socket state (ON/OFF).

Thank you again for your hard work :pray:

2 Likes

Hi @Jurgen_Heine, Can you help me with an issues. I’m using the tuya cloud for multiple devices and most work fine. You recently added PIR support so I tried to add my PIR however it does not show up in the homey app when trying to add it. The PIR is visible on the IoT platform portal as synced devices however the homey app show the message “Please configure the app first.” so it does not see a PIR or something. I’ve waited for more than an hour but still nothing to add. I added screenshot of all details of the device.

Thanks!

You have not done all steps for configuring official API if you get the message “Please configure the app first”. If the old devices are working, the username, password and business should be correct. So follow the steps carefully, look in this thread for extra tutorials and explanations. You only have to wait for legacy devices, new API should be instant.

Hi @Jurgen_Heine thanks for you message. I have again follow all instructions and read the posts of @Jackass. I also looked at the instructions on Please configure the app first - in de Tuya cloud app - Zo doe je dat zelf. I also configured a new API on the Tuya IoT platform to start from scratch. But I keep getting the message that the app needed to be configured. I also try to configure it from app settings and more settings one of the solutions from @Jackass however it didn’t seem to help with me. I validate the API key and secret 100 times. What am I missing?

Only legacy devices seems to be working due to the username and password. I check all API configurations, country settings etc. Not sure what to do.

Below are screenshot of my configuration:

I did more testing but without any luck.
I completely removed tuya cloud app from homey and reinstalled it
I created a new tuya IoT account and reconfigured all steps according to the manuals
I switched from tuya to smart life app
Unfortunately without any luck…
Hopefully anyone else is seeing what I’m missing.
If I look at the API statistics on Tuya IoT cloud it stays on 0. Looks like its not connecting or something. I’m out of troubleshooting options

Hi @Matrean ,

I do recognize your trouble to get it working. I had the same. Out of the blue, try these 3 things:

1. only link one project (you now have ‘Homey’ and ‘Homey2’).

2. Try to create a new account or renew your password.

3. Restart everthing

It wasn’t working overhere directly also, not sure what did the trick. If figured out please let us know! (I’ll add it to my manual also)

Hi All,

It is working now! finally. Like you @Jackass I tried a lot of stuff so not sure what did the trick. Here’s a list of what I did:

1. First I tried the API explorer in the tuya IoTY platform to see if I can get a device status, that all seemed to work fine
  2. Like you suggested I reverted back to my newly created tuya dev account
  3. I reconfigured everything on the homey app
  4. At first the app could not connect or add any device not even legacy
  5. Then it looked like there was a space behind my username. I removed it,
  6. Then I looked at my browser homey interface which apparently was still in the screen of configure app first and all of a sudden the PIR appeared.
  7. Then somehow everything worked very quickly adding device instantly etc.

But I’m happy everything works now

2 Likes

Glad it’s working. Sadly we still don’t know the exact trick. @Matrean

What about

:wink:

3 Likes

@Peter_Kawa:
Not sure what u mean?
My RGBW lights can be controlled just fine. Otherwise use the tap-to-run method (search for the how-to in this topic)

I have tried the tap-to-run and I dont get the option set color to green. I only get color mode… What am I doing wrong?

Where do I select color?

I have this option:

Where do I go from here?

Then ‘+’
Run the device
Select an rgb light
Select ‘Switch’ ON
Then ‘+’
Select the same rgb light
Select ‘Color’ mode’
Pick desired color

@ Homey:
To get new created tap-to-run scenes selectable with the flowcard ‘Execute scene’, you’ll have to restart the Tuya Cloud app for now. A fix is on the to-do, afaik

1 Like