[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

Thanks and you’re welcome, Bert.
It’s hard to say why things stop working, it’s probably the way how the app is build. Sometimes a dot or other character can ruin things…
When the values are present in Tuya iot cloud, the issue is not in there obviously.
However, unfortunately Jurgen had to let the app go, so there is no development here, until we find an other developer who likes to take over. Please spread the word!

As you discovered, the great part is, almost everything is controllable, and can control Homey by means of the Raw Commands, a Tuya sort of MQTT messages.

For other readers here, when a device can’t be added:

The plugs are finally working again :partying_face:

2 Likes

Hi, would you mind sharing an example where a flow updates the engergy consumption? I tried every tip on here to get that back working but no luck.

I have the same problem as everyone else. Missing Listener capability, can’t find new devices and sensors don’t work. It happened out of the blue. Tuya IOT says that all devices are online. Tried to reinstall the app but no luck…

When will there be a fix?

Unfortunately the listener-notifications are back again and I can’t control my plugs anymore :frowning:

Maybe this flow gets you going?

For me, sensors are kept alive by restarting the app every 2 hours.

For the other issues, is your iot core trail period still valid?

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your response. I have a valid IOT Core plan.

I have stumbled upon information which I might think what can be the problem. I don’t know if Tuya has a maximum API request handler but somewhere I read it was 500 request per hour max.

NOTE: This is API request from Homey only and is still connected with my Homey.

What I did is create a flow automation which starts all automated flow every 15 seconds. For example the flow for hall is started every 15 seconds and checks if the sensors/lights are on off. If it’s already turned off it will still send a request to turn it off. I need to add a IF rule to prevent this from happening an make less more API request.

I don’t know for sure if this is the problem. Can’t think of anything else.
I will try this strategy for a week and look forward to if it will be working stable again.

My IoT Core Plan is also valid. These are my statistics. I don’t have any Error Requests. Also, it was working yesterday untill about 22.30hr. But I don’t see any statistics for yesterday.

On the IoT Platform all my devices are online. I can control them via SmartLife, but not via Homey. So I asume the connection between Homey and Tuya is broken in some way.

I also asked Tuya if they are planning to support Homey. This is their answer;

Hi,

Yeah this looks like a Homey > Tuya cloud connection problem. My devices work without latency through my Smart life app and everything is actively connected with Tuya IOT. I don’t really understand what is happening. I don’t have the rights to look in the diagnostic rapport which frustates me aswell. I think Homey should make this available for everyone.

Also Homey needs to hire people to do the job for third party applications. I payed 400 euro’s for the pro version but it depends on third party people maintaining the apps for free which makes the quality in contrast of the high price of Homey really bad in reputation. I even am thinking to try out Home Assistant. The problem is that I like the GUI and simplicity of Homey.

As it is right now Tuya Cloud doesn’t have a developer at the moment and my whole lifestyle depends on the automations working with Tuya Cloud and that frustrates me aswell. The forum itself needs to find a developer and not everyone is open to do this for free. Maybe an idea to start Patreon and accept tickets for solving device problems when someone is subscribed for contribution?

As for today I have 0 API request and the devices are still not working.

2 Likes

Hi there,

I solved a problem with a switch not responding from Homey to switch on/off a light returning into a “Missing capability listener: onoff” message. I created 2 “Tap-2-Run” scenes in the Tuya App: one to switch on the light and one to switch it off. Then I reconfigured my Homey flows using the “Execute a scene” flow card from the Tuya Cloud app on my Homey. Obviously, you can use whatever logic you like to execute this flow card, but I’m using a VD (Virtual Device) which I switch on/off and the status change then triggers my Tuya Cloud scene action card. It actually works fine.

Hi Jonny, was the suggestion of Peter helpful, or do you still need my example?

Hi Bert,

I’m glad that it works for you. I am guessing that your Tuya cloud could make connection from your Homey.

My scenes don’t work and when I add a new scene, reconfigure app within Homey and restart Tuya Cloud app (even restart my Homey) it still doesn’t work and my new made scenes don’t show up. I can’t even find new devices to add.

I think this issue is person related with API request to the Tuya IOT cloud. I don’t know what the policies are and what exactly is causing this issue and why it is being fixed by itself at some time…

1 Like

Same issue here, working 2 days ago after removing all device from homey and added them again and restarted tuya cloud but now its not working again… frustating when I have bought 20+ plugs, but all work in the tuya app, but still not happy with that solution…

Yeah, same here. Also Tuya Zigbee app doesn’t support a lot of device and I know that the developer is struggling to react and bring out new versions. I had a solution to add the Zigbee devices to Smart Life and add it through Tuya Cloud app which is also not working now and struggling with finding new developer.

These 2 apps need serious attention and I hope Homey is reading this.

1 Like

In the future maybe consider buying sensors that connect directly to homey instead of stuff that’s connected to a cloud service, if tuya pulls the plug tomorrow nothing is going to work anymore, And you can trow the stuf in the garbage can. Not to mention the security risk of all the wifi connected stuff.

Yes, I have wifi plugs, but very frustating situasion.

I also hope that Homey guys look at this problem, I have not the knowledge too fix it…

That is a great solution indeed. But I am a person of cheap Tuya IOT devices which should work properly right now still Tuya Cloud IOT is up and running. I can’t throw them away and replace with other devices because of the reason that the Tuya Cloud app doesn’t work properly. That will cost a fortune. I rather pay the developer to make things working again without spending +/- 20 euros for new device. And I have devices over 10+ which works with Tuya only.

1 Like

Easy to say, but if I knew this for 2 years ago I have not bought this plugs

Hi, i think i am not experienced enough to understand what Peter sent. I changed everything to flows to switch sockets on/off but i can’t get the energy reading. So i would appreciate your example as well, perhaps that makes me understand what i should do to get the readings.