[APP]PRO] Tesla

On iOS, the URL opens in the browser, not in the app.
You have to open the URL with the app. The QR code is only a link/URL pointing to the same target.
Click the ‘open in the app’ button at the top.

The issue lies in sharing the key. This is not possible with a leased car. That’s why I was curious if the sharing process could also be done manually by adding Homey in Tesla Business as a driver.

This is a known issue. Tesla announced an app update.
Currently you can use the REST API (car device settings) for commands.
I would’t add the Homey app to your business account. The app will appear in account details. It would be possible for you to spy all cars assigned to the account - and that would be a legal problem :innocent:

That would mean that I would have to link Homey to every single Tesla in the fleet, so that danger does not exist. :wink: I will patiently wait for the update. Thanks!

You want to add only one (your car)? Yes, the. it’s better to wait.
Reading data is possible for you, and sending controls with REST Api as long the car supports this access.

1 Like

Changing charging state doesn’t seem to work here. It just errors out with a “500 Internal Server Error”. It can access the car just fine, just doesn’t work whenever I try to start or stop charging. Any idea what might cause that?

EDIT: Went to the latest beta to see if that fixed it, but still getting the same error.

Indeed, this morning the iOs app was updated to 4.29.5 and I could finally add the virtual key as a lease driver. :partying_face:
You need to be physically in the car to confirm with your keycard.

1 Like

Are you using the Proxy API?

Two ideas…

• the app is registered in the car as key?
  • you can try REST API (if it still works). This API returns better error messages.

How do I know if I’m using the Proxy API? And how do I register the app as a key?

As default the Proxy is set during pairing. You can see/change it in car device settings.
If you proceeded the car pair dialog until you open the Tesla app and allows app access to the car, it should be shown in the car as key (like a phone key).

You can repeat this step in car device repair view.

Well changing to the REST API immediately fixed the problem. Is that the old API? What is the difference between the 3 options?

See 1st post for details… or;

Short version:
REST Api is deprecated and will stop soon depending on you cars software version.
CommandAPI must be used in future due to car registration and encryption/signing. So you should do the registration as REST command can stop unannounced

So, change to command api in settings, sit down in car, open car settings and click repair?

Open repair view for car device, go to registration. Hit the Tesla icon…
Then a URL is opened. If you stuck in the browser, scroll up and open in Tesla app. Follow the dialog…

You only need to use the key card in your car if you are not the owner.

Only on an iPhone with the updated app?

I haven’t seen an Android update yet

New test version 1.1.13

• Added app registration check for signed commands.
    The app check app/car registration state. It’s shown in the car device settings. When trying to send a command via CommandAPI (Proxy) it’s showing an error about missing registration instead of http-500-error.

New test version 1.1.14

• Fixes for app registration check for signed commands.
  • Translations

The app update has solved my problem. Thanks for the help.

I got an update yesterday on Android. Based on the change log (add key cards), it could be the needed change für lease driver.